atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bikechuck ringing line auto select - 04/27/04 05:25 PM
I was trying ( successfully ) to change the selection of outgoing call co lines (co application/ co group hunt method) when I screwed up the ability of all the extensions to pick up an incoming call automatically, that is without having to hit flashing co line. Programming these things is driving me nuts. Its only my second one. Only six of the 16 phones actually rang, but the others would pick up a call by just going off hook. I can't use a ucd group because customer hates is when all leds lite up for incoming ring. thanks . oh its a DX80 w/ flash

[This message has been edited by bikechuck (edited April 27, 2004).]
Posted By: capitol Re: ringing line auto select - 04/27/04 06:09 PM
Is this for the DX80? If so calls that want to be answered without pressing the line button needs to have ringing assigned to them, so a UCD would be needed. I think thats the only way, but I could be wrong.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: ringing line auto select - 04/27/04 07:06 PM
Capital hit it. To have Ringing Line Preference, the phone has to be programmed to ring. You can use the UCD group or the Answering Position program but it has to be in one or the other for that line(s) in order to have RLP. Either way the DSS/BLF button is going to light. You could delete the DSS/BLF buttons from his phone but he probably won't like that either. It sounds like you have a difficult client on your hands. Good Luck.
mark

[This message has been edited by markk (edited April 27, 2004).]
Posted By: Nick52 Re: ringing line auto select - 06/01/04 08:51 AM
Also remember that you are only allowed 6 stations to ring if you do not use a UCD group. Good luck with your customer I have many of them. So I feel your pain.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help