atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mikont1 # of rings before VM pick-up - 05/13/04 09:30 AM
I have a question on how to set the number of rings it takes for a Lite VM system to go to an extensions mailbox. All mail boxes are set to Blind Transfer, transfer to X, and rings to answer 3. The problem I am having is that a few extensions take as many as 15 rings to go to Voicemail. I was wondering if this can be set thru the DSUII on a per station basis using program 54, option 2 (delayed ringing). Any help would be appreciated greatly.
Posted By: dtmf Re: # of rings before VM pick-up - 05/13/04 10:50 AM
Have you tried playing with the Call Forward No Answer on the sets?
Posted By: mikont1 Re: # of rings before VM pick-up - 05/13/04 11:42 AM
No, I haven't. I'm kind of new at this; as I was just moving the phone system for our coporate office. How would I go about checking for that and setting those stations to go to VM after 3 or 4 rings. Oh yeah, thanks for the quick response.
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: # of rings before VM pick-up - 05/13/04 12:23 PM
If you use Blind transfer out of the vmail.

the call will return to voicemail if the station is forwarded to vmail or when the system recall timer is met, if the station is not forwarded to vmail.

keep in mind it looks at both, so if you have it forward to vmail after 6 rings and the recall timer is set to recall after 4 rings. It will follow the recall timer.

we usually set up a station to forward to voicemail after about 4 rings.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: # of rings before VM pick-up - 05/13/04 02:16 PM
BIGDOG3c makes a good point about the system recall timer, some Comdial products were set to 30 sec. default and others at 2 min. Set the recall timer high so you can test properly. A recall time that is set close to the number of rings (as far as time is concerned) will work sometimes and not others depending on when you pick up the ring cycle.

[This message has been edited by CMDL_GUY (edited May 13, 2004).]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help