atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: tgullett DCD - Ring all on transfered line - 05/19/04 11:25 AM
Tried this feature in the DSU II and can't seem to get it to work, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: dtmf Re: DCD - Ring all on transfered line - 05/19/04 12:14 PM
The way it works is that the call will into a search for an idle station, it distributes calls evenly throughout the department. If you are trying to have them all ring at the same time it is not designed to do that.
What exactly are you trying to do and maybe there is a different approach.
Posted By: tgullett Re: DCD - Ring all on transfered line - 05/19/04 02:33 PM
The description of the feature is in tech bulletin with software release 3A. I am trying to have the voice mail transfer calls to the departments and have it ring all the phones in the particular dept's that it is transfering to. Is it possible? If not is there something in the debut to accomplish the transfer?
Posted By: dtmf Re: DCD - Ring all on transfered line - 05/19/04 04:14 PM
Yes on 3a you should be able to ring all, double check your programming to be sure you have the VMS dialing the right code.

Also make sure that A1 is on in program (17-15 A1=on or 1=Enable, 2=disable)
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DCD - Ring all on transfered line - 05/19/04 04:55 PM
you may also have to set up a mailbox in the debut with the same number as the department.
mark
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: DCD - Ring all on transfered line - 05/19/04 05:28 PM
Both Mark and DTMF are right!

The DSU II on Software 3A and above can do a ring all in a department group.

And you will have to create a mailbox for the number you assigned as the pilot number for the department. In the mailbox set the transfer to blind.

Also set the ringback tone on transfer on in system programming on the DSU II and the Comdial will finaly sound like a real phone system.

DJ
Posted By: tgullett Re: DCD - Ring all on transfered line - 05/19/04 06:18 PM
When I enable the feature and simulate a call transfer to a dept pilot # it still hunts through the stations instead of ringing all.
Posted By: tgullett Re: DCD - Ring all on transfered line - 05/19/04 06:29 PM
This might be a dumb question, but do you need to have the lines that you are using this feature with assigned to the dept that you are trying to transfer to?
Posted By: dtmf Re: DCD - Ring all on transfered line - 05/19/04 06:57 PM
yes, and that is not a dumb question.
Posted By: tgullett Re: DCD - Ring all on transfered line - 05/25/04 01:32 PM
where exactly in the manual is the "ringback tone on transfer" at? Couldn't seem to locate it.
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: DCD - Ring all on transfered line - 05/25/04 03:42 PM
I don't think it is in the manual,I know it is in the programming via the rs-232 port and it is under system programming, options.

DJ
Posted By: dtmf Re: DCD - Ring all on transfered line - 05/25/04 03:48 PM
Tip is right on the money , in VDT programming.
Press 22 on System Options menu then press [RETURN]
Enter 1 to enable it (it is disabled by default which would be 0 to disable)

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited May 25, 2004).]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help