atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: completeco DXP and Caller ID - 05/21/04 05:06 AM
I am working on a DXP and cannot get Caller ID to work. I am getting the CID info into a Hyperterminal if I connect straight to the CID boxes but am not getting anything on the phones or SMDR. Any help would be much appreciated.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DXP and Caller ID - 05/21/04 05:51 AM
what level software?
did it ever work?
what is the "absorb ring time" set at?

mark
Posted By: completeco Re: DXP and Caller ID - 05/22/04 09:20 PM
Software if 14A.
The caller ID worked with the PRI but is not working with line cards
The asorb ring time is set to 4 seconds but I have changed it up to 7 and no difference.
Thanks
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DXP and Caller ID - 05/24/04 06:48 PM
Is the call being passed through a voicemail system or sent directly to the phones?

I can't find any reason in programming why it should fail. If hyperterminal can see it, the system should see it. It will only show on the phones set to ring on the incoming call. And some voicemail systems do not pass caller ID data.
mark
Posted By: looknow12 Re: DXP and Caller ID - 06/11/04 08:48 AM
We have software version 9B on a DXP system. Was caller ID available in that version, and if so, how can we enable it.

Thanks,
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DXP and Caller ID - 06/11/04 10:51 AM
You need 10A or higher and you might need the caller ID add on units (if you can find them anywhere)then in line programming - under "line type specific" check off "caller ID active"

mark

[This message has been edited by markk (edited June 11, 2004).]
Posted By: looknow12 Re: DXP and Caller ID - 06/30/04 09:02 AM
Is it possible to bring my system up to 10a?
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DXP and Caller ID - 06/30/04 01:12 PM
Yes, you will need to upgrade the cpu to the expanded memory flavor from the 64K you have now and buy the software which are chips that live on a daughter board on the CPU.
Sundance or one of the aftermarket guys should have some by now. You should at least get up to 13a cause then you will also have good T-1 support too.
mark
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: DXP and Caller ID - 06/30/04 08:23 PM
markk is right but 15C would be even better if you can get it. One more point when upgrading to common code software (10a-17b) you need to convert your database from 9b to 10a then to the new rev. You will need VMMI 10a to do it.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DXP and Caller ID - 06/30/04 08:27 PM
yeah, that's right. Memory chips ain't what they used to be. I have 10a VMMI around here somewhere if you need it.
mark
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help