atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: crimson DXP & HotDesk (17D) - 06/14/04 05:49 PM
I have a DXP w/ software 17D. I am testing the HotDesk feature... is there a way to avoid the "Off-Line" LCD message when making a personal call (or transfering calls) to a virtual station port that is not in service?

I'm hoping to have DXP treat these as "busy" and transfer directly to voicemail.

Thanks in advance...
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: DXP & HotDesk (17D) - 06/15/04 05:01 PM
The answer is no.
You have to use a real station port to do this. The IST port is the best to use because you don't need a phone connected to the port. I don't remember but you my get away with adding a DXIST in software and not putting in a card.

Please note that the edit to this messageis to not put in a station card.

[This message has been edited by CMDL_GUY (edited June 25, 2004).]
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: DXP & HotDesk (17D) - 06/24/04 09:07 PM
I believe I have run into this before. Do you have voicemail? If so (and maybe even if not), you may have "Ring on Busy" and/or "Fwd RNA Ring (on) Busy" enabled. If they are, the phone system may think it is supposed to try ringing the phone before forwarding on to voicemail, even on a busy condition. Check these settings. Let us know what you find. Good luck!
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: DXP & HotDesk (17D) - 06/25/04 04:10 AM
I have not messed with the hot desking yet. I have in the past used a phantom port for forwarding. Seems like it had to be set up in programming like there was a card in slot and the station set to disabled before it would follow the forwarding. good luck
Posted By: crimson Re: DXP & HotDesk (17D) - 07/04/04 10:01 AM
Thanks for all the replies. They all reflect things I've encountered...

5years&counting: your not about "Fwd RNA Ring Busy" was right on. Diabling this forwarded Personal and Tranferred callers directly to vmail flawlessly.

The only hitch is when this is disabled the function that forwards calls to Group Intercoms is lost... calls after the first go directly to vmail.

This makes it easier on the internal users, but perhaps tougher on the station owner if s/he gets lots of calls. I can't have my cake and eat it too!

Thanks again for the help! :-)

-jeremy
Posted By: BurtonS Re: DXP & HotDesk (17D) - 09/12/06 06:11 PM
I found this forum via multiple Google searches and it contains a lot of information to some of my questions.

I have been sucked into the world of phone systems for a recent project. I have done a lot of digging trying to understand what is available. At this time, I am the middle man gathering "wants" from my end-users and trying to explain them to our phone guy.

We have the need to share phones. I have read and found some tid bits about "Hot Desking". I think this is the solution for what we want. Day shift, Night shift. Log into 1 phone, have own extension and voice mail message light from one a shared phone.

What is needed in order to have this feature? We currently have a Comdial DXP system, I don't have the software version readily available at this time. From the recent post, they state DXP w/ 17d and they are testing the Hot Desk feature..... Do all DXPs have this feature available for use?
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DXP & HotDesk (17D) - 09/12/06 06:59 PM
BurtonS,
Welcome to the board.
Please create a new post for your question. While it is similar in nature to the current thread, we try not to allow Hijacking, and you would get a better response if you post your own thread.

Mark
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help