atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: indiman error in acriving database vmmi - 06/28/04 10:39 AM
I have comdial dxp system with version 13b vmmi software, I have tried to archive the database but continue to get an error message at about 20% into it. any suggestion to what it may be. I have changed the comm port on computer side as well as on the dxp switch to different comm ports with no results.
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: error in acriving database vmmi - 06/28/04 12:04 PM
Make sure your in com 1 or 2 ( A or B )right on the cpu of the DXP. Com 1 is yur best bet.

Also try dropping you baud down to 2400.

Are you archiving to the hard drive or floppy drive. I would go to the hard drive first.
Posted By: indiman Re: error in acriving database vmmi - 06/28/04 02:15 PM
I have tried to back up to both hard drive and floppy. Same result, fails at 25%. Yes, it is connect to port 1.
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: error in acriving database vmmi - 06/28/04 06:39 PM
Have you relaoded the VMMI on the computer?
Posted By: ctaylor777 Re: error in acriving database vmmi - 06/29/04 03:43 PM
Make sure you're not using your laptop on battery power. I had problems when archiving without being plugged directly in a power outlet.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: error in acriving database vmmi - 06/29/04 09:02 PM
Is this the Concierge site? if so it should have vmmi on the concierge PC. try backing it up there to the hard drive. The floppy will fail every time.
Posted By: indiman Re: error in acriving database vmmi - 07/01/04 11:54 AM
Yes, it is a conceirge system and I have tried it from the laptop with the same problem. But it is loaded on the desktop, which is where I am trying to archive from.
dxp version 13B, vmmi version 15a.
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: error in acriving database vmmi - 07/01/04 12:06 PM
Is the DXP properly grounded? that sometimes causes problems with serial communications.
Posted By: indiman Re: error in acriving database vmmi - 07/01/04 01:04 PM
It seems as it is grounded correctly. Has a separate wire grounding terminal that is connecting to the outside world, as to say.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: error in acriving database vmmi - 07/01/04 05:30 PM
I can dial into the concierge pc and take a look if you like. it should have pcanywhere running on it. Is it a DXP or DXP plus? On a plus the concierge pc MUST be connected to a com card and not the CPU.

[This message has been edited by CMDL_GUY (edited July 01, 2004).]
Posted By: indiman Re: error in acriving database vmmi - 07/07/04 10:02 AM
It is a dxp system, it seems that it does archive but not completely, because I am able to open the archive with no problem. But the lenght of the file is about 2/3 or the orginal one they had created when it did not crash.

they do not have pc-anyware running on the system. one of the files got corrupted and they never fixed the problem, does it matter which version of pc-anyware is running on the system.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: error in acriving database vmmi - 07/07/04 03:09 PM
most of those were rev 8 pcanywhere some are 7.5. With windows 95 I would try to stay with rev. 8
If you email me a copy of the saved database I can check it out and see if it is any good.
Posted By: indiman Re: error in acriving database vmmi - 07/07/04 03:44 PM
have emailed you the data file.

thx
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help