atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: crimson Keyvoice issue - 07/06/04 09:11 AM
Greetings,

For some reason occasional callers routed to voicemail are greeted with box 9998 "Please enter the first few digits of the person's last name..." instead of the standard greeting. Until yesterday, I had never witnessed the issue so I wasn't able to nail down any specifics to the situation surrounding the call.

I made the call yesterday (July 5) -- the office was closed for a holiday. The operator station was set to "night" ring, and the station was also locked. The voicemail system shows ~30 calls during the hour I called and witnessed the problem.

We are running a DXP (17D) with Keyvoice 8.5 using 8 ports IVPC.

CallerID is enabled, and the main incoming number is routed to the operator extension (101) and the voicemail ID for that DID is the first port of our voicemail.

I've been unable to get the problem to occur while sitting in front of the voicemail screen to see what digits are dialed.

Any guesses? Thanks in advance...

-jeremy
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Keyvoice issue - 07/06/04 10:30 AM
When goofy gremlins like this crop up I always start by setting the system to do it's hard drive defrag more frequently then the default of once a week. On a system the size you describe defraging every night would not be unusual.
mark
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: Keyvoice issue - 07/06/04 12:25 PM
yep, seen it.

Defrag and also check the trans.txt file.

I have seen it where there is a comma in the translations that will cause this.

your trans.txt should have a wild card setting similar to :
a@#xxx#=800,*,*
b@#xxx#=800,*,*
c@#xxx#=800,*,*

The x's are wild cards. I found If i remove the comma after the 800ittakes care of this issue.

it looks like this:
a@#xxx#=800*,*
b@#xxx#=800*,*
c@#xxx#=800*,*

Also make sure your defrag runs daily.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help