atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pocahontas key voice message notifcation - 07/21/04 01:57 PM
another question -
when i program the number to have voicemail call to notify someone that they have a voicemail, it doesn't work. where do i check to make sure that the system can make those outgoing calls? it's the same as the email notification as well.
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: key voice message notifcation - 07/21/04 02:07 PM
Ports for outgoing are selected on the line info screen. What are you tring for notification pager, cellphone, other? Pager notification can be tricky to setup and require the timer digits "," ";" "L" which equal by default 1,4,8 seconds respectively if my memory serves me.

Kerry
Posted By: Mark K. Re: key voice message notifcation - 07/21/04 02:16 PM
For pager a 4 sec pause is % (percent sign)
mark
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: key voice message notifcation - 07/21/04 02:24 PM
Thanks Mark, I was doing it of the top of my head and should have known my memory wouldn't serve me right. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: Mark K. Re: key voice message notifcation - 07/21/04 02:55 PM
no problem, I only know cause I use it here at the office to page me!
mark
Posted By: pocahontas Re: key voice message notifcation - 07/22/04 07:23 AM
hey -
i'm trying to send the notification to cell phones and to email as well (single message store).
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: key voice message notifcation - 07/22/04 07:51 AM
Are you talking about the message waiting light notification to cell phones on the General page or are you talking about message delivery on the mMessage delivery page? I am not sure that the message waiting can dial externally for cell phones, you should be using message delivery.

I have never had the opportunity to see n unified messaging instal so I don't now about the e-mail notification.

Kerry
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pocahontas:
hey -
i'm trying to send the notification to cell phones and to email as well (single message store).
</font>
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: key voice message notifcation - 07/22/04 10:44 AM
what kind of message do you want to the cell phone? voice or digital?

The Unified Message I suggest you get your vendor that installed it to come out and help you. That will be very hard to help over the forum.
Posted By: pocahontas Re: key voice message notifcation - 07/22/04 01:02 PM
i have somehow figured out the key voice to send a voicemail message to both the mailbox and to my outlook. i don't know if has worked for other yet. the return email address says "ouside caller ([email protected])". i'm not sure what i did...
i'd like for the system to send an email to a specific address (a different address per voicemail box) when a voicemail message is left. i can't find where that email address is, either.
there isn't anyone here locally that knows the system, at least i haven't been able to track one down. is there anyone in alberta, canada?
Posted By: pocahontas Re: key voice message notifcation - 07/23/04 10:57 AM
i think i have it working now - but does anyone know how i can change the "ouside caller ([email protected])" that displays as being the sender?
Posted By: pocahontas Re: key voice message notifcation - 07/26/04 10:01 AM
i have programmed my cell phone number (ending with AV) in the message delivery tab page - but it doesn't call out. i added my email address there as well. any voicemail that is left, disappears completely. it's acting quite strange.....
Posted By: Nick52 Re: key voice message notifcation - 07/26/04 12:47 PM
Are you saying that as soon as the Voice Mail tries to call your cell phone or pager that it deletes the message that is in the voice mail box. Do you have any centrex lines on the phone system? If you are still having issues with the message delivery option,. The best thing to do in my mind would be to listen to the voice mail make the outgoing call and listen to what is going on. Are you hearing the operator say "Please hang up and try again." or "The number you have dialed in invalid or incorrect." something of that nature. YOu can either connect a butt set to the phone line that the voice mail uses to make outgoing phone calls and listen to it. Or you can turn the privacy off on the phone lines and when you see the voice mail make a call out push that line and listen to what is going on. JUST REMEMBER TO TURN THE PRIVACY BACK ON WHEN YOU ARE DONE SO PEOPLE DON'T LISTEN IN ON IMPORTANT CONVERSATIONS.
Posted By: pocahontas Re: key voice message notifcation - 07/26/04 01:36 PM
it only wiped out the message when i had the 'AV' as the last 2 digits of my cell phone # on the message delivery tab and when i entered the email address as the 2nd place to call. when i changed things back, the voicemails didn't get deleted. today however, i'm not receiving any emails notifying me of my voicemails at all. the help pages state that the message delivery will call out to any phone when there is a message - what else needs to be configured in order for that to happen? ideally, i'd like the use the single message store unified messaging as well as the message delivery. none seem to work, and the original installers no longer support this product, and i can't find anyone else in the area who knows it either. i believe i am just missing one little step in the process...
Posted By: Nick52 Re: key voice message notifcation - 07/27/04 12:44 PM
here is a link to find a dealer in your area.

https://www.comdial.com/how_to_buy/find_a_provider.asp

just fill in the blanks and they will call you and help you within a couple days hopefully.
Posted By: pocahontas Re: key voice message notifcation - 07/28/04 07:55 AM
thanks, keep your fingers crossed for me!
Posted By: pocahontas Re: key voice message notifcation - 08/06/04 09:09 AM
it's been a full week and i haven't heard from anyone. i really need to get my single message store unified messaging feature to work! i don't require the TUI Browser option, i'd like to keep it very simple. can anyone help me? it was working at one point...i just need to troubleshoot it...i don't know where else to look, sniff!
Posted By: pocahontas Re: key voice message notifcation - 08/20/04 11:37 AM
still no luck - the local dealer can't figure it out either....can anyone help? is it a bug?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help