atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jimbo32 Key Voice Debut Issues - 07/22/04 05:16 AM
Just replaced our old debut vm with a newer Key voice Debut but been having problmes when it comes to accessing individual mailboxes. Everytime access a mailbox the debut will respond with " I sorry that is not a valids entry.....If you know your party's extension....etc" I have a Comdial DSU I with 16 lines and 32 extensions. Need some help with this problem.
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: Key Voice Debut Issues - 07/22/04 06:03 AM
First thing I look at is the answering routing box. Does it have its own routing box nmber in the option 9 field. If not put it in there and try a call.

If that does not work then it sounds like a trans.txt issue.

run trace mode and see what is being brought in and what it is matching.
Posted By: jimbo32 Re: Key Voice Debut Issues - 07/22/04 06:44 AM
When you say the answering routing box, do you mean box 800? If it is a trans.txt issue what would I need to do?
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BIGDOG3c:
First thing I look at is the answering routing box. Does it have its own routing box nmber in the option 9 field. If not put it in there and try a call.

If that does not work then it sounds like a trans.txt issue.

run trace mode and see what is being brought in and what it is matching.
</font>
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: Key Voice Debut Issues - 07/22/04 07:24 AM
For a trans.txt issue you should run trace with the "T" flag. This will show you how the vm is interpreting the digits from the switch. The vm goes thru each rule in trans.txt from the top of the file down until it reaches a match for the digits sent. The trace will show you the progress thru the ruls until the match with the "T" flag turned on. Comdial had made some changes in reason codes a couple of years ago but the trans.txt still had the old reason codes up front but it still would not hurt to verify.

Kerry
Posted By: jimbo32 Re: Key Voice Debut Issues - 07/22/04 07:43 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bigkayeh:
For a trans.txt issue you should run trace with the "T" flag. This will show you how the vm is interpreting the digits from the switch. The vm goes thru each rule in trans.txt from the top of the file down until it reaches a match for the digits sent. The trace will show you the progress thru the ruls until the match with the "T" flag turned on. Comdial had made some changes in reason codes a couple of years ago but the trans.txt still had the old reason codes up front but it still would not hurt to verify.

Kerry
</font>
Posted By: jimbo32 Re: Key Voice Debut Issues - 07/22/04 07:47 AM
IS this all done in DOS with a remote laptop. I noticed trans.txt when I do a DIR on my laptop. Is thios were I access the trans.txt and if so how do I run a trace. I am fairly new at this and I apologize for asking too many questions.

Kerry
</font>
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: Key Voice Debut Issues - 07/22/04 08:17 AM
The trace flags are entered in the "Other Customizations" screen of Database Admin.
Turn the trace on from the Line status screen with Alt&F5. The digit translation will then show Line status screen. Make a test call and you should see how it is translating that call. To compare with trans.txt you will have exit to DOS and edit the trans.txt to see what is there. Section 7.13 in the install manual explains the trans.txt file. Feel free to ask questions that is what the board is for.

Kerry

[This message has been edited by Bigkayeh (edited July 22, 2004).]
Posted By: jimbo32 Re: Key Voice Debut Issues - 07/22/04 10:17 AM
OK, I did a trace from the line status. When someone tries to access vm from their station the first digit in the trace is 9. That is when you hear "I'm sorry that was not a valid entry" From their they would have to press the # key to access their mailbox. On our old system, you would just have to enter your password to accdess your mailbox. There is something missing in the routing I presume. Any suggestions?
The trace flags are entered in the "Other Customizations" screen of Database Admin.
Turn the trace on from the Line status screen with Alt&F5. The digit translation will then show Line status screen. Make a test call and you should see how it is translating that call. To compare with trans.txt you will have exit to DOS and edit the trans.txt to see what is there. Section 7.13 in the install manual explains the trans.txt file. Feel free to ask questions that is what the board is for.

Kerry

[This message has been edited by Bigkayeh (edited July 22, 2004).]
</font>
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: Key Voice Debut Issues - 07/22/04 10:32 AM
When you did the trace you should have seen a set of digits from the switch that the voice mail translates thru a set of rules in trans.txt what were those digit and did it match a rule?
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: Key Voice Debut Issues - 07/22/04 10:32 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jimbo32:
When you say the answering routing box, do you mean box 800? If it is a trans.txt issue what would I need to do?
</font>

The box that you have answering the call. it may be 800. That is usually the default box. you can check under system information and then line information. this will tell you which box is aswering on which port.

Unless you are using the trans.txt to send it to a specific box using the line id.
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: Key Voice Debut Issues - 07/22/04 10:40 AM
OK, I did a trace from the line status. When someone tries to access vm from their station the first digit in the trace is 9. That is when you hear "I'm sorry that was not a valid entry" From their they would have to press the # key to access their mailbox. On our old system, you would just have to enter your password to accdess your mailbox. There is something missing in the routing I presume. Any suggestions?
</font>

That digit 9 is what is causing your "I'm sorry that was not a valid entry". The routing box that you are hitting first, thinks you are dialing a digit 9. If there is nothing in the option field for 9 you get "I'm sorry that was not a valid entry". so the easiest way to resolve the issue is to put something in the option 9 field of the routing box that is answering the call.

If it is routing box 800 goto box 800 tab down to the option field 9 put in 800.

save it and then call it. this should resolve your issue. This should be done with any other routing box that answers direct calls. Like a night, lunch or holiday routing box.
Posted By: jimbo32 Re: Key Voice Debut Issues - 07/22/04 11:34 AM
Ok, I changed the digits in option 9 field for each routing box. Box 800 is my main greeting, I set that to 800. I have a box 801 and I set that one to 800 in the option 9 field. I have a box 821 which is my main menu and that had nothing set in the option 9 but it had 10 in the option 0 field. I also had a box 9990 for the system routing box and that too did not have a digit set in the option 9 field but had 888 in the option0 field. I tried accessing vm agasin but still had the same trouble. Any suggestions?
That digit 9 is what is causing your "I'm sorry that was not a valid entry". The routing box that you are hitting first, thinks you are dialing a digit 9. If there is nothing in the option field for 9 you get "I'm sorry that was not a valid entry". so the easiest way to resolve the issue is to put something in the option 9 field of the routing box that is answering the call.

If it is routing box 800 goto box 800 tab down to the option field 9 put in 800.

save it and then call it. this should resolve your issue. This should be done with any other routing box that answers direct calls. Like a night, lunch or holiday routing box.

</font>
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: Key Voice Debut Issues - 07/22/04 12:01 PM
You had stated earlier that the first digit the vm sees from the switch is "9"? The switch is probably sending 9 & ext. #. How many digits are in your ext. #s? Trans.txt should have the following line for a two digit ext #.

9XX=#,XX

If you have three digit exts. it would be XXX

Turning the trace flag "T" in the trace field under the "Other Customizations" in stead of the default "D" that is there should give you a list of rules that it is trying to match as it recieves the call.
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: Key Voice Debut Issues - 07/22/04 12:04 PM
Ok, I changed the digits in option 9 field for each routing box. Box 800 is my main greeting, I set that to 800. I have a box 801 and I set that one to 800 in the option 9 field. I have a box 821 which is my main menu and that had nothing set in the option 9 but it had 10 in the option 0 field. I also had a box 9990 for the system routing box and that too did not have a digit set in the option 9 field but had 888 in the option0 field. I tried accessing vm agasin but still had the same trouble. Any suggestions?
</font>

you want the same box number in the option 9 fieled as the routing box your in so if you have 801 put in 801 if you have 802 put in 802 803 put in 803, ect... you only need to do this to the routing boxes that first answer the call.

Second lets verify wich box is answering. make sure in your trace field you hve the letter DT. this turns on what you want to trace "D" = incoming digits "T" = digit translations.

Your trace fieled is under the system information/optional features/other customization screen.

Once you have those in there save it and go back to the display line status screen.

now hit your ALT button and hold it down while you hit the F5 utton. you should see "trace now on" at the bottom of the screen.

now make a call into the vmiail. this should run information across the screen as the call is answered.

you should see digit 9 received on line 1

now look at line 1 at the bottom of the screen and see which routing box has answered the call. This is the routing box you need do the option 9 field.
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: Key Voice Debut Issues - 07/22/04 04:30 PM
Ok, Lets assume that you replaced the Debut with a new unit.

1. Did you call in to the system and initialize the debut to the proper "PBX" type via the Administrators mailbox?

2. The latest Debuts also have a line in the VM.cfg that would allow the latest DSU II's to auto-config themselves, this will give you a ton of problems on older DSU's.

3. You may need to contact one of us MODs directly as this can take some time to resolve.

DJ
Posted By: jimbo32 Re: Key Voice Debut Issues - 07/23/04 07:18 AM
OK, I changed the trace field to DT. When I access the vm I get digit 9 first then I get Translation: CANNOT OPEN FILE [TRANS.TXT].
Why might that be? I don't understand. I thought I set this system up correctly...
you want the same box number in the option 9 fieled as the routing box your in so if you have 801 put in 801 if you have 802 put in 802 803 put in 803, ect... you only need to do this to the routing boxes that first answer the call.

Second lets verify wich box is answering. make sure in your trace field you hve the letter DT. this turns on what you want to trace "D" = incoming digits "T" = digit translations.

Your trace fieled is under the system information/optional features/other customization screen.

Once you have those in there save it and go back to the display line status screen.

now hit your ALT button and hold it down while you hit the F5 utton. you should see "trace now on" at the bottom of the screen.

now make a call into the vmiail. this should run information across the screen as the call is answered.

you should see digit 9 received on line 1

now look at line 1 at the bottom of the screen and see which routing box has answered the call. This is the routing box you need do the option 9 field.

</font>
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: Key Voice Debut Issues - 07/23/04 08:49 AM
It sounds like the trans.txt file is missing from the vm directory. In reference to Tipandring's first question have you run first time setup un the new debut?

Kerry
Posted By: jimbo32 Re: Key Voice Debut Issues - 07/23/04 12:44 PM
I just did the first time setup and everything seems to for fine now. I set the new vm to serial integration but the lamp lights do not flash at the extensions when there is a voicemail waiting. I am not sure if I have the correct pin out for the serial cable from thedebut to the DSUI. Would you know the correct pin out. I am going from a DB9 on the COM port 2 in the Debut to an RJ-11 (RS232) to the switch. Any suggestions?
It sounds like the trans.txt file is missing from the vm directory. In reference to Tipandring's first question have you run first time setup un the new debut?

Kerry
</font>
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: Key Voice Debut Issues - 07/23/04 01:21 PM
The pinout is:

RJ - DB
3 - 3
4 - 2
5 - 5

If you have a connector that lets you program from the terminal it should work for VM connection. You can also test it by putting it on a laptop and seeing if you can get into programming. If you switch is a 1632 you should be hooked up to the 3rd rs-232 port. Also you might want to check the your baud rates match on the switch and VM.
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: Key Voice Debut Issues - 07/23/04 03:24 PM
Also the software in the DSU has to be 19 or 20 to get serial integration to work.

DJ
Posted By: jimbo32 Re: Key Voice Debut Issues - 07/26/04 11:46 AM
Is there a way to check the software version from an extension, (IE. ext 10)?
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tipandring:
Also the software in the DSU has to be 19 or 20 to get serial integration to work.

DJ
</font>
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: Key Voice Debut Issues - 07/26/04 06:04 PM
Nope there is no way to check the software level via the phone.

If you have a laptop with the hyperterm program you can connect to the 1st com port on the DSU and when in programming there is a menu that will show the software level.
Also if this is an original Comdial software cartridge, it has the rev. level stamped on the top of the cartridge,you can see it if you can get up higher then the top of the DSU.

Again I would recommend getting a Comdial tech on site to assist you.

DJ
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help