atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: p89tech DX-80, no audible ring on CO 3 - 07/27/04 12:34 PM
I have a client who owns a DX-80 with 6 Digital Executive handsets and 3 incoming CO’s. Recently they physically moved. The new office has completely new wiring. The phones seem to work fine, with two exceptions:
1) CO’s 1 & 2 ring properly at all desks. CO 3 causes the appropriate LED to flicker to indicate an incoming call, but produces no audible ring.
2) The power switch LED on the DX-80 itself is flashing slowly. They claim this never happened before, but I am not certain.

My part of this install was supposed to be just the wiring, but it has gone beyond that now. Wiring was done using 4 pair CAT 3 compliant cable to TSB-568A standards. I have to assume there is no wiring problem since the phones seem to work (except for the above), and they only use the “blue” pair which is the same in 568A and 568B.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Posted By: bikechuck Re: DX-80, no audible ring on CO 3 - 07/27/04 12:53 PM
The flashing led on the power switch is the normal system heartbeat. Most of the boards have a flashing led to indicate sanity. I will look into the ring problem. By default ext 101 should ring on all lines. Check your CO Line answer position . 02-742-13-01-01 with handset progamming should show ext 101 or whichever ext should ring.

[This message has been edited by bikechuck (edited July 27, 2004).]
Posted By: jwooten Re: DX-80, no audible ring on CO 3 - 07/27/04 01:02 PM
Check the co at the system block with a standard telephone. See if it will ring the phone. If you have a test set with ringer function use that. If all works change the pairing into the switch. Those rj-11 connectors could be your issue.
Posted By: p89tech Re: DX-80, no audible ring on CO 3 - 07/27/04 05:24 PM
Thanks, I'll try it.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help