atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JWRacedog Answering Machine Emulation - 08/27/04 05:23 AM
On a DX-80 (F33)-2 cabinet-16 lines-32 digital phones-8 analog port--8 port older version hard drive in-skin VM---
Some extensions (104 & 117 for example) access the Answering Machine Emulation just fine. Other extensions (106 & 115 for example) cannot. We tested it the other day, and it just doesn't seem to work on those extensions (and probably others). In programming, these phones are different in that the ones that can access are "Support" stations that have access to lines, are in page group 8 and have different feature keys & Dss keys. The other phones are "Lawyer phones" --have only "9" access to outside lines--do not ring on outside lines, and are in paging group 2. Anyone have any ideas as to any conflicts that might be occurring to cancel out the A.M.E. feature on these stations??
Thanks.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Answering Machine Emulation - 08/27/04 10:12 AM
make sure they are the same "tenant" and that the extention port type is set to Ext.

I'm assuming all the obvious, like they have a voice mail button programmed, they are set for record allowed for the record feature and they forward to VM with the pre defined CF etc..
mark
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Answering Machine Emulation - 08/27/04 10:14 AM
oh yeah, check the "monitor class of service" too.
mark
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Answering Machine Emulation - 08/27/04 11:23 AM
Everything seems to be the same except Page Group. I'm going to change one extension that doesn't seem to access the AME --to the other page group--and we'll see. It makes no sense, but that's the only difference I can see in the programming outside of things like Feature Keys, line appearance,line ringing and UCD group membership. I'll know more as I work with it. It takes a bit of time to test--call backdoor, dial ext, wait for MB greeting and see if VM button starts blinking. Sheesh!
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Answering Machine Emulation - 08/27/04 12:42 PM
I know what you mean [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] you can extend the length of time the light blinks for siezing the monitoring if you need to. If that light does it's alert you should be able to grab it, maybe it's a VM issue? I'll take a look around in that.
mark
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Answering Machine Emulation - 11/04/04 08:38 PM
Well--I finally figured it out. I had programmed 433 - the hunt group for the VM--to one of the programmable keys--instead of F64--the VM feature code. In order for answer machine emulation to take place--you've got to either press F64 or have it on a key. 433 won't work for that---although it appears to be the same thing--because it does go right to the person's VM box. Interesting. I'll remember that one.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help