atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bgraw3 No Communication flashing on 8412S - 09/15/04 08:03 AM
Normally, we use 8324SJ or 8212S phones on our system. We ordered some more 8212S (from a discount place) and were "upgraded" to 8412S large lcd display phones.
The phone works, but the LCD flashes No Communication, a copyright, a date code, and a firmware number.
VMMI shows the Phone Type to be an Impact SCS 12 Line Large LCD. That seems right. It's not actually on the list if I try and change it manually, but it reverts to that selection if I quit or disconnect/reconnect.
I guess the question is why does No Communication flash/blink. For that matter, the LCD never changes when using the phone.
Thanks,
Bob
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: No Communication flashing on 8412S - 09/15/04 08:19 AM
What is your phone system? Dxp or FX? Large screen displays are only supported if you have the right equipment installed

Kerry

[This message has been edited by Bigkayeh (edited September 15, 2004).]
Posted By: bgraw3 Re: No Communication flashing on 8412S - 09/15/04 08:47 AM
As I inherited this system, I'm not completely sure. However, I've heard FXII. I couldn't find anything in VMMI that says the system type or version. The boards listed are as follows:

FXLDS-16 x 3
FXISTM-08
FXT1-24
FXLST-08

Thanks, again.
Bob
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: No Communication flashing on 8412S - 09/15/04 09:05 AM
The LDS card should work with that phone. You should choose Impact SCS 12 Line Large LCD as you did. Try to connect it to another port(on another card if posssible) if continues to have problems it is probably the phone.

Kerry
Posted By: dtmf Re: No Communication flashing on 8412S - 09/15/04 09:14 AM
Your Ver. must be 13A or higher. What are you running now?
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: No Communication flashing on 8412S - 09/15/04 10:36 AM
To find the system and software version.

when you log in with VMMI.

you should see in the lower right hand corner of the program a version and serial number or you can go to help and about system (not help about vmmi) off the tool bar.
Posted By: bgraw3 Re: No Communication flashing on 8412S - 09/15/04 11:04 AM
FXII-96, Feature Set(17A)

The phones work on other ports. So, it might be the difference between an LDS and SDS board. I might have to change some extensions possibly, but at least the phones work.

Thanks, again, for all the help.
Bob
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: No Communication flashing on 8412S - 09/15/04 11:51 AM
That is correct on the board issue.

The large screen will not work on the SDS boards.

SDS = small display
LDS = Large display

The reason is there is another chip that runs the display on the LDS board.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help