atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: 5years&counting DX-80 Administrator "Cheat Sheets" - 10/21/04 01:53 PM
I seem to make up something here and there, but then can't find it when the next customer asks for it.

Has anyone made up a short administrator/attendant guide for the DX-80? As far as I know, the only administrator/attendant guide available from Comdial is still included as part of the full installation manual. I have found it makes the customer feel much more confident when you hand them a one or two-page step-by-step as opposed to handing them a 1"-thick book. I think the items I've done in the past are How to Change Station Names, How to Change DX-80 and VM Time (I'm glad Comdial finally unified this in F39), Programming System Speed Dials, etc. I know for auto attendant greetings and such, it is more site-specific, so this may vary. I'm just wondering what others are doing, and if anyone has something that works well for their customers. This is definitely an area (among many others)Comdial needs to improve upon. Thanks!

------------------
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DX-80 Administrator "Cheat Sheets" - 10/21/04 05:50 PM
I make one up for each site with just the basics I think they need. If you make a more comprehensive one, don't be afraid to share it!

I've also been trying to make a pre-installation questionaire with just the basic information to set up a customers site so that upon installation it does most of what they need. Then I'll tweak it as they use it for a day. This is especially necessary when they are getting a VM with it, it would be nice to see anything others have prepared for this task. I end up doing a new one for each sale, with a lot of "cut & paste" , it would be nice to have something short and generic.
mark
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help