atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mikael6 which card needed - 10/22/04 05:28 PM
I am learning phone systems now and have a system I use at home for learning. It is a used dxp plus.I have a dst16 card and an ist 16 card in it along with srv card and cpu card. I also have a ring generator. Anyway, I would like to hook up this phone system to my regular analog phone line I have at my house for calling to the outside and receiving calls from the outside. I believe that I need a dxast-8 or a dxpco-lp4. I am not sure. Please let me know which. Also, let me know if anyone has one for sale or a place to buy. thx!
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: which card needed - 10/22/04 08:09 PM
DXPCO-GD8 is the most common card available to connect to your telephone line. you will also need a 25 pair cable cut down on a block or a break-out device such as Arminger to connect your telephone line The early version of C.O. cards had RJ-11 jacks on the card and were available in 4 line and eight line configuration,DXPCO-LP8 and LP4 You should be able to find one of the earlier cards which would be better suited for your home testing. The DXAST was available in 8 and 16 ports and was used for connecting older Comdial analog phones to the DXP such as 66XX and 67XX series phones. The older cards will have a red LED and the newer ones will have a green LED. This change was (required)made when the DXP was sold internationally

[This message has been edited by CMDL_GUY (edited October 22, 2004).]
Posted By: mikael6 Re: which card needed - 10/23/04 04:11 AM
Thanks for info. I guess last question would be whether I need the DXPCO-GD8 or the DXPCO-LP8. I am not sure if this type of phone line is ground loop start or loop start. Could I use either card? I would prefer a card with the rj-11 jacks built in as this would make cabling a bit easier. thx!
Posted By: jwooten Re: which card needed - 10/23/04 04:59 AM
You could use either card. The GD8 is multi-purpose. Your phone line is loop start, meaning the CO sends dial tone when a loop is completed, such as going off-hook!
Posted By: mikael6 Re: which card needed - 10/23/04 05:37 AM
Awesome. Thank you for your time. This forum is really great. For a beginner like me, this is extremely helpful
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help