atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Nick52 Imprint - 11/29/04 08:16 AM
Does anybody know if there is a problem with the imprint program that comes with VMMI. I open up a new extension and nothing shows up on my screen to edit the labels. I have a whole stack of these labels that come with the phones and the desi software doesn't line up with the cut outs. Any suggestions.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Imprint - 11/29/04 09:09 AM
I have a suggestion but it's not what you wanted to hear. Buy the desi paper. I've not had much luck with Imprint. When the printer misses it's mark on the overlay and gets ink all over your paper roller, it leaves a nasty stain on everything you print for a little while. Desi paper is a bit expensive, but it's quick and easy.
mark
Posted By: Nick52 Re: Imprint - 11/29/04 10:09 AM
Yeah, I use the desi labels all the time I was just going through the labels and have a nice stack of imprint labels that I wanted to hopefully use up and have some more drawer space.
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: Imprint - 11/29/04 10:36 AM
The Imprint program works only for the Impact SCS series phones.
If you use the drop down File selection and select create forms then use stand alone selection then you can select which type of phone to use.

I use the Desi program also and you are correct about the not matching original paper desi's that Cometdial sends.

I have taken and printed the desi forms on a plain piece of paper then overlayed the original Cometdial desi on top of it and secured it with scotch tape and it works ok for 1-4 phones at a time.
Also I use a Laser Jet printer so I dont have the problems with the Desk Jet Ink rollers.

DJ
Posted By: Nick52 Re: Imprint - 11/29/04 12:56 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tipandring:
The Imprint program works only for the Impact SCS series phones.
If you use the drop down File selection and select create forms then use stand alone selection then you can select which type of phone to use.

I use the Desi program also and you are correct about the not matching original paper desi's that Cometdial sends.

I have taken and printed the desi forms on a plain piece of paper then overlayed the original Cometdial desi on top of it and secured it with scotch tape and it works ok for 1-4 phones at a time.
Also I use a Laser Jet printer so I dont have the problems with the Desk Jet Ink rollers.

DJ
</font>
Posted By: Nick52 Re: Imprint - 11/29/04 12:59 PM
I have went in and created new forms and did the stand alone and after I select the 8324 the screen is just black. When I go to print preview it shows the label with nothing on it. I am not cutting labels, I have tried that before when I was out of labels and I would rather cut myself than 10 labels!
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: Imprint - 11/29/04 03:22 PM
Sounds like a corrupted Imprint file somewhere.

If you are a dealer I would download a new VMMI/Imprint software from the support site.

If not ask Mark he might be able to help you.

DJ
Posted By: jwooten Re: Imprint - 11/29/04 03:29 PM
Imprint software was only supported on a win2k platform. There is a bulletin to that effect as I recall. I use desi.com with their labels.
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: Imprint - 11/29/04 03:58 PM
Nick, run few of the labels thru as blanks and stash them on the truck for those times you need to hand write a label till you can get to a printer also the make good temporary labels when you are doing an install till you get it the way you want it.

As for Imprint there was the very first version that always would work for me on 98 machines. I think that it came with 15a VMMI but not sure anymore.

Kerry

[This message has been edited by Bigkayeh (edited November 29, 2004).]
Posted By: OhioTelecom Re: Imprint - 11/29/04 04:41 PM
Comdial no longer uses the "Imprint" software, they recommend you to use the Desi software. I tried to find the tech tip on it, but was unable. Their paper and software works way better than Comdials anyways.
Posted By: Nick52 Re: Imprint - 12/01/04 05:26 AM
That's a good idea using that as temp labels. That is one way to put them to use. My Computer has 98 on it right now, I am using the imprint program that came with 16A. It just may not be able to be used with this computer. Thanks for all of the help.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Imprint - 12/01/04 09:00 PM
I think the last release of Imprint that worked on 98 and 95 came with VMMI 15A. The next and last release was with 16A, and it worked on 2000 and later, but not on 95 and 98. The Imprint program was great when it was the only way to print the labels for the SCS phones. It sure beat the typewriter. However, now that Desi-brand labels and free software are available, the difference is almost as great as when we went from the typewriter to Imprint. You can do so much more with Imprint, and it's much easier to use and print successfully with far fewer errors and screw-ups. I too only keep the Comdial labels as a last resort. Comdial's new EP100 and EP300 phones actually come from Comdial with a Desi-brand/compatible label. That should show you how much better they work. Even Comdial has given up on Imprint. Oh, one more thing: Comdial finally went back to a 1-piece label for all of the buttons. For the EP phones, that is. Good luck!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help