atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Dominic MOH during transfer? - 11/30/04 08:38 AM
This will probably be a no brainer, but we've currently got our system set so that a routing box answers night calls. The caller then chooses an option which routes them to a particular extension. Once the caller is transferred, they hear silence while the phone rings at the extension chosen. If we set up MOH on a DXP-Plus FS 17d with Keyvoice 11.1 will the caller hear music during the transfer (while it rings at the extension) or will they still hear silence?
Posted By: dtmf Re: MOH during transfer? - 11/30/04 09:43 AM
Yes but you need to fire up Music On Intercom Hold as it is set to No Music by default.
Posted By: Dominic Re: MOH during transfer? - 11/30/04 12:07 PM
Big help, thank you.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: MOH during transfer? - 12/01/04 09:42 PM
Wouldn't Music On Intercom Hold only be required if using a supervised transfer? Or would it even then? Isn't that feature only for getting music when you put a station to station call on hold? Of course Ringback on Transfer would have to be off to get music, but I think a Blind transfer would use the Music Source selection in the CO Line Programming. Wouldn't it?
Posted By: dtmf Re: MOH during transfer? - 12/02/04 07:19 AM
Yes but I was assuming that the Music not tone was already set up by the installer for the lines as I always set it up even if they don't use it so all they have to do is plug it in, but you do make a good point. I usualy fire them both up to cover all calls.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: MOH during transfer? - 12/02/04 09:46 AM
A lot of times I will also connect the music on hold source to both music inputs, when they only are going to have one source. This helps prevent problems when source 2 is set by mistake, in programming, and by the user as background music.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help