atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: telenutt DXP voice mail tenant - 12/02/04 11:49 PM
A client has an older (circa 1997 rev 9 I think? ) DXP. There are 2 companies sharing the system, anyone know how I can tell the lines which voicemail port to go to after default unanswer time ? Client wants each companies lines to go to their own main greeting. Vmail is verbatim Key Voice.Thanks
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DXP voice mail tenant - 12/03/04 05:17 AM
In telephone line programming you must assign a line ID number to each phone line. The number you choose dosen't matter but it should be a number that you will easily associate with company A or B.
In the voicemail technical documentation, read about the trans.txt file. You will have to make line entries in this file for day and night associating the line ID number with the routing box to answer it. It's fairly simple and straight forward, but you will need to read the manual to fully understand it. That manual is available at the top of this page under the manuals button.
mark
Posted By: telenutt Re: DXP voice mail tenant - 12/09/04 12:51 AM
Thanks Mark, I am fairly familiar with modding the trans.txt...for some reason just didn't make that connection. I used your line id sug and it works perfectly..Thanks for the kick start old agereally is hell!!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help