atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Nick52 PCDBA not working - 12/09/04 08:07 AM
I have had an ongoing problem with this computer I have. I have talked to comdial about it and they didn't even try to help. What it is, is I have installed the PCDBA software on my computer. Every time I try to open it, it just locks up the computer, The little dos window opens up and then it stays black and the computer locks up the only way to get out of it is to do a restart. I have tried formatting the whole thing and starting over, it didn't work. I have a (don't laugh) Gateway 2000 with a GenuineIntel Pentium II, 233 processor. It has Win 98SE 64 Meg Ram, no sound card. I am able to talk to DSU's and FX's with it just not DX-80's. If anybody has any idea's I am open for anything. I am sick of having to get out the laptop to program a phone system in the office when I have a computer right here.
Posted By: jwooten Re: PCDBA not working - 12/09/04 09:42 AM
Will it lock up your pc if booted to dos mode?
Posted By: Mark K. Re: PCDBA not working - 12/09/04 09:58 AM
how much stuff do you have going on in that 64 meg of memory?
I use an old pent 2 - 233 98SE clone and the pcdba works fine for all versions, but it has 128 meg of memory.
mark
Posted By: capitol Re: PCDBA not working - 12/09/04 11:56 AM
I use to have a gateway 2500 (266mhz PII) laptop and was told by tech support that the gateway laptop was just one of those manufactures that won't run pcdba. On the other hand I have a newer gateway desktop and PCDBA works fine. Maybe its just something with the older gateway machines.

------------------
| Telephone Systems | Voice & Data Cabling

[This message has been edited by capitol (edited December 09, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by capitol (edited December 09, 2004).]
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: PCDBA not working - 12/09/04 12:53 PM
Problems with DOS based programs like PCDBA can sometimes be solved by turning down or off hardware graphics acceleration. System properties/performance/graphics; step it down restart and test and continue that process until (hopefully) it works.

Kerry
Posted By: Nick52 Re: PCDBA not working - 12/10/04 05:15 AM
I tried turning down the graphics and no luck there, This is what the performance screen says.

Memory: 64MB
System Resources: 86% Free
File System: 32-bit
Virtual Memory: 32-bit
Disk Compression: not installed
No PC Cards installed

I tried restarting in DOS and it worked fine I scrolled through the directory and then started windows from DOS. I have done all of the windows critical updates. I have not tried adding RAM yet. If anybody has any other suggestions or thinks I should try the ram let me know. Is it possible that it may have to do with the Bios. Could that need to be updated. I don't know much about that but was wondering if that could be a factor.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help