atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: lwruk VMMI Issue - 12/29/04 10:52 AM
I am using VMMI build 17.06.00. I just installed VMMI on my XP notebook, and when I attempt to dial in to any of the three Comdial systems I have, it connects, negotiates, then disconnects immediately with a "Remote party disconnected" error.

Password is correct,and modem parameters are correct. I have no trouble connecting with Hyperterminal.

Any ideas?

TIA!

Len
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: VMMI Issue - 12/29/04 12:04 PM
I have seen this before. I would try and reintialize the modem also try a lower baud rate.

What version is the system you are dialing into?

------------------
[Linked Image from home.columbus.rr.com]
Posted By: lwruk Re: VMMI Issue - 12/29/04 12:11 PM
I'm not sure of the version; I have never checked. I guess I should have looked when I was directly connected before.

I did power cycle the modem on the Comdial here to no avail, but the other two systems are not in the vicinity.

The baud rate is currently set for 9600 on two of them, and 19.2 on the third. I guess I can try using 4800 and see what happens...
Posted By: lwruk Re: VMMI Issue - 12/29/04 12:15 PM
Well, I dropped the baud rate to 4800 and no good - same error...

You know, I hate this dial up nonsense...
Posted By: jwooten Re: VMMI Issue - 12/29/04 06:38 PM
Thought I'd add my 2 cents here. I have never been able to use VMMI modem on any of my XP machines. Always have to use my 98 platforms!!!
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: VMMI Issue - 12/29/04 06:58 PM
I have VMMI working on Xp,98,2000 machines....It is modem dependant!!! Certain machines can be obtained on WIN 98 LAPTOPS but not on other 98 desktops.
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: VMMI Issue - 12/30/04 06:41 AM
I have an internal and an external modem I use on my laptop. When I am in my office I use both. I will have an issue every once in awhile of the system hanging up on me. But 95% of the time it works fine.

Both modems I use are U.S. Robotics Sportsters.

footnote:

Having 2 modems works great for dialing into a vmail and also being dialed into the phone switch.

------------------
Posted By: lwruk Re: VMMI Issue - 12/30/04 11:17 AM
Tried using a USR external modem and got the same error message; you'd think this wouldn't be a problem, considering how dated modem communications are, but I guess that would be too much to ask for.

I can't believe if I want to manage one of these switches, I have to plug directly into the &*%$ thing!
Posted By: lwruk Re: VMMI Issue - 12/30/04 11:40 AM
Well, I was actually able to get the conditions to change...

It's always the most obvious things, so I double-checked I was using the correct port on my Toshiba software modem - I wasn't - so I changed it to the correct port.

Now, it connects, then hesitates for 30 to 60 seconds, gives me the usual "Remote party disconnected error", but then tells me that "The login has failed, check to make sure the communication parameters are correct." I am pretty sure I should be at 9600 for two of the three switches, so I am now confused even more. I tried connecting at 4800 and go the same thing, just took a little longer...
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: VMMI Issue - 12/30/04 12:30 PM
I think the next step would be to delete vmmi and reinstall it.Make sure your installing the same version of vmmi that the switch is on, for testing purpose.

Question: Do you have a NT/2000 voicemail on your systems?

If so, maybe the work around would be dial into it with pcanywhere and use the vmmi on it.

I am assuming you have a spare direct connection going to the sytem for vmmi off of the voicemail.

------------------
Posted By: lwruk Re: VMMI Issue - 12/30/04 02:10 PM
Here's the solution...

All I needed to do was set the speed within the modem configuration to match the setting with the connection window in VMMI. It took me a couple of attempts, but I was able to finally dial in...
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: VMMI Issue - 12/31/04 04:16 AM
Good to hear you got it, and thanks for updating the resolution!

------------------
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help