atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: lwruk DiD & Voice Mail - 01/04/05 02:38 PM
I have a user whose voice mail can be reached if they call the main number and are connected to the extension, but when you dial his direct nuumber it just rings and rings. The translation table is correct, and the his phone does ring...

Any ideas?

TIA!
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DiD & Voice Mail - 01/04/05 03:23 PM
When the call is answered by the AA and transfered to the ext. the call is controled by the VM system, pulling it back after the CFNA time out and going to his MB.
When you call the number direct, it doesn't get to the AA so it rings and rings. You need to set the line to delay ring to VM and put a line ID number on the line, then put a line in the trans.txt files to send the line ID to a mailbox. Looks like xxxx(line ID) = xxx(mailbox) This is all in the manual. Read up on the trans.txt files and how they work.
mark
After thought;
I'm not sure how the switch handles the DID now that I think about it more. Maybe all you will need is the delay ring to VM, I'm not sure if the switch will pass the line ID or the ext. number the call was directed too. My description above would work with a POTs line. If you do the delay to VM and hit the main greeting, then you need the line ID and trans.txt fix.

[This message has been edited by markk (edited January 04, 2005).]
Posted By: OhioTelecom Re: DiD & Voice Mail - 01/04/05 08:52 PM
A DID call will follow your CFNA ext. no need for delay ringing to VMail. Dont think you can even setup delay ringing on a DID. Ensure you have Vmail setup as you call forward on busy no answer for that extension.

[This message has been edited by OhioTelecom (edited January 04, 2005).]
Posted By: lwruk Re: DiD & Voice Mail - 01/06/05 10:39 AM
Thanks for the input, fellas - I haven't had a chance to double-check the settings because it appears the modem died at the remote location...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help