atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: chazrc FX-II 17D - 01/07/05 04:13 PM
I have a stuck port. I cannot get to port 26 to change it to 277. The auto station relocation was on and they moved phones around while I was in with VMMI. The x277 says offline when called, but says port 26 x 277 when pressing speaker. When I type in 277 in the items field, it goes to port 78.
I know this by going to browse and port 78 is on the left. We have reset, powered down, and turned auto station relocation off and unplugged the phone. I have a current saved database if someone wants to look at it.
Also, I have defaulted both ports.
Posted By: Punch Down Re: FX-II 17D - 01/07/05 04:39 PM
E-mail the database file and I'll look it over to see and load it on a system here in my shop to confirm the results
Posted By: chazrc Re: FX-II 17D - 01/07/05 05:03 PM
Sent it over. Did you get it?
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: FX-II 17D - 01/07/05 06:33 PM
I have seen this a couple of times. Punch down shoould be able to resolve this for you. Let me know if not, I will give it a try.

------------------
[Linked Image from home.columbus.rr.com]
Posted By: chazrc Re: FX-II 17D - 01/07/05 06:37 PM
Thanks...
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: FX-II 17D - 01/07/05 07:02 PM
Punchdown...When did you get out of jail??? LMAO
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: FX-II 17D - 01/07/05 07:09 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RATHER BE FISHING:
Punchdown...When did you get out of jail??? LMAO</font>

That explains the funny walk!! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

------------------

[This message has been edited by BIGDOG3c (edited January 07, 2005).]
Posted By: Punch Down Re: FX-II 17D - 01/08/05 07:48 AM
Well Dopie(Rather be fishing)I have ten good girls I take care of. They all joined forces for a weekend down on Harry Hines and made enough money to bail me out !! When ya coming to Big D for some fun??
Posted By: Punch Down Re: FX-II 17D - 01/08/05 07:51 AM
Chazrc - I got the DBR and will play with it on Sunday. I'm moving a customer today.

Okay you don't have a stuck port, but a corrupted database. This probably did occur as you suspect because port 1 and 26 are the two ports tied up and corrupted. I'm playing with the DBR and trying to figure out how to correct without having to program from scratch (which would be long and tedious). In the mean time port 78 isn't being used and try using it for now.

[This message has been edited by Punch Down (edited January 10, 2005).]
Posted By: chazrc Re: FX-II 17D - 01/11/05 04:33 AM
I gave them new extensions for now. The port 78 used to be x 277, before the mishap wth the auto station relocation.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: FX-II 17D - 01/11/05 06:49 AM
If this database was set-up with a default of (masterclear2)stations with 2 group ictm's per phone and then station numbers were changed then this is where your problem began. You will get some stange problems when those group ictm's get buried in the code instead of removed. There is a way to save the database if this is the problem. You have to put back the original station numbers to the original ports, then remove the group ictm's from the stations to be changed. After you assign the numbers to different ports you then assign group ictm's to them again.
Posted By: chazrc Re: FX-II 17D - 01/11/05 07:03 AM
I always master clear with mode 3 on new databases/systems. I will try putting them back on the old ports nd see what happens.
Posted By: Punch Down Re: FX-II 17D - 01/11/05 07:41 AM
Larry - the corruption is in the database without loading into CPU. Just opening in VMMI and not logged in you can assign two ports with 277 and port 26 will always show 277. If you delete 277 from port 26, it jumps to port 1. Anyway playing with it I finally tricked to let me assign ports and cleared out what was going on(not logged in) and I'm sending the file back . Whatever was going on had to do with station numbering and not physical port numbering. I run into this one other time on a FXT 464.

Chaz - youv'e got mail.

P.S. Chaz I only enable auto station relocation when I am moving the phones around. Customers create problems everytime doing it themselves. But this will keep you busy !! https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/icons/icon10.gif
https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/icons/icon10.gif
Posted By: chazrc Re: FX-II 17D - 01/11/05 07:47 AM
I agree 100% on the auto station relocation.
I have passed that word on to my customer.
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: FX-II 17D - 01/11/05 02:32 PM
Same here with the auto station relocation command.

We have the customers call us, we turn it on, tell them to move the phones one by one and then we turn it off.

Any other way just causes problems.

------------------

WWW.THEBESTPHONESUPPORT.COM
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: FX-II 17D - 01/11/05 03:11 PM
Punch Down- That is a different problem than I was thinking of. Nice catch [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: Punch Down Re: FX-II 17D - 01/11/05 04:15 PM
Cmdl_Guy you taught me well when you were in TS - I always learn from the best !!
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: FX-II 17D - 01/11/05 04:43 PM
I suspect that this issue may not have just been an autoset relocation issue. I NEVER turn auto set on but experienced the same problem a month ago on an MP5000. You could not change the intercom number under station programming as it kept jumping back between 2 ports. We actually had to go under board menus and staion port locations. Had to null both ports and save...restart and the problem disappeared. Odd indeed
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: FX-II 17D - 01/12/05 12:19 PM
ODD = COMDIAL = JOB SECURITY [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

------------------

WWW.THEBESTPHONESUPPORT.COM
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: FX-II 17D - 01/12/05 03:41 PM
Auto set relocation was not something Engineering wanted to do on the DXP/DXP+.
It was ok on the small KSU's and DSU's.
Too many variables on the DXP, cards and be moved as well as phones. Different types of cards for different phones, DXDST,DXIST,DXAST. But sales people said we can't bid on Government contracts without it. Guess who won that battle. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: chazrc Re: FX-II 17D - 01/12/05 03:50 PM
I told my customer that I do not prefer using the auto station relocation and she said then be prepared to get called without much notice, and I said thats what we call emergency rates. He He!!
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: FX-II 17D - 01/12/05 07:35 PM
There's your job security [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help