atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: deeplist New Comdial System Questions - 01/11/05 04:47 AM
I recently bought a comdial phone system off eBay to put in the office here. It came with 6 phones, but I am currently using only 3 of them. I will start by explaining the configuration. I have the PBX itself in the main office, along with the attendant phone (ext 10) which is a 6614E-PG. And I have a phone in each of the other rooms, and they are 6714S-PG. I am not sure what PBX it is for sure, on the front of the black box it just says "Comdial Executech" but it did have a sticker on the side that I managed to get some info from. "N0616 R:M S:13A 10/96" I am not sure if somebody can decipher that, but from my research, I think it may be an Executech 2000 system, but I am not sure. Now, for my questions.

Is there a way that I can completely do a system "restore" so to speak and remove all the previous configurations and set the system back to default?

The PBX has a 6 line capacity and was originally in a Doctor's office. Some of the DSS buttons have extension numbers programmed in them, and others have outside lines. I make use of lines 1&2. Some of the phones have all 6 lines in them, and I don't need that, and others don't have line 1 or 2 on them at all or vice versa. My question here is, how do I erase the buttons that have outside lines programmed on them and make use of other features on them, or how do I set buttons to outside lines that are not already on the phone?

I have also tried to store feature codes on some of the buttons, but they never save for some reason. On my attendant station, I can get feature codes to save, but not on the other two. (I have before, but I no longer get them to stay.) For example you push a button and it turns on the BG Music instead of actually pushing the keycode of ITCM * 1.

I also want to disable the ringing of line 2 on ext 11 but can't figure that out either. I only want ext 11 to ring when a call comes in from line 1. I don't care if the light blinks for that line, but I don't want it to physically ring. Line 1 & 2 are different phone numbers for different purposes.

I have a few more problems, but I will get into those later because they arent as important. I would really like to get ahold of a manual, but I can't because I am not for sure even what system I have. Thanks for any help that can be provided.

------------------
Charles E. Decker IV
https://deeplist.com
[email protected]
Posted By: OhioTelecom Re: New Comdial System Questions - 01/11/05 04:55 AM
I would suggest getting your hands on a manual or a Tech. Way too much in programming to cover on a message board.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: New Comdial System Questions - 01/11/05 05:04 AM
you have an Executech 616XE system. Use the manual link above to get a manual. If you need additional help contact me directly using the info in my profile. You need to much help to type it all in this forum.
Mark
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help