atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: aweaver FXII 17D - 01/11/05 01:40 PM
Help! I have an FXII that is dialing out by itself. No voicemail on this system, so this eliminates many possible causes.
The system dialed one my customer's clients approx 60 times in the last 24 hours. I'm running SMDA & capturing to a file to try to track down the source.
Comdial suggest that it's RF, but I'm not so sure. The fact that the number being dialed is a customer number leads me to beleive that the problem might be a bad phone that is doing a redial?
Any thought on this would be appreciated.

------------------
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: FXII 17D - 01/11/05 02:25 PM
check the smdr/smda to see if it is the same station doing the dialing.

If it is the same phone see if there is a speed dial of the number being called under the digit 1 or 2 on the dial pad. If it is then delete the speed dial.

There was an issue of this when the scs phones first came out. I think rev M was the rev that cured the problem.

------------------
[Linked Image from home.columbus.rr.com]

WWW.THEBESTPHONESUPPORT.COM
Posted By: aweaver Re: FXII 17D - 01/11/05 02:40 PM
Here's what I found. It seems that extension 119 is dialing the number. The phone on this extension is a scout II cordless. There are no speed dials programmed on the keypad. I hit redial on this phone & found that it dialed the same number that's being called repeatedly--unplugged the phone & am waiting to see if problem stops.
Has anyone seen a Scout act like this? I can't understand how this can be happening.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: FXII 17D - 01/11/05 03:08 PM
What kind of wire is used for that station?
It may be an RFI problem
Posted By: aweaver Re: FXII 17D - 01/11/05 03:12 PM
This extension is in a remote building so wiring path is as follows from phone to PBX.
cat3-surge protection-cat3 gel filled-surge procection-cat3 at head end.
Posted By: Punch Down Re: FXII 17D - 01/11/05 04:08 PM
What is the wiring length approximately from switch to base station ??? Have you connected an external antenna to the Scout base ?
Posted By: aweaver Re: FXII 17D - 01/11/05 05:37 PM
Wire length approx 400' total
No external antenna for Scout base.
Posted By: Punch Down Re: FXII 17D - 01/11/05 08:19 PM
Check out the paired data port - a bad line cord or phone will create it's partner port to do this exact same thing. Never had any trouble out of Scout 1 or 2's doing that, but ???
Posted By: Punch Down Re: FXII 17D - 01/11/05 08:20 PM
Check out the paired data port - a bad line cord or phone will create it's partner port to do this exact same thing. Never had any trouble out of Scout 1 or 2's doing that, but ???
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help