atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jloomis13 DX-80 Admin/Attendant Guide - 01/13/05 06:47 AM
Anyone know where I can get a copy of this? Trying to make minor changes to our system, i.e., which extensions ring, ext. names, day/nigt/weekend hours, etc. and can't locate a guide.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: DX-80 Admin/Attendant Guide - 01/13/05 07:35 AM
Unfortunately, Comdial doesn't currently have an "admin manual", per se, when it comes to the DX80. At least I've never seen one that compares to the admin manual for the DSUII. They do, however, have one for the DX80 voicemail. Also, and this is common to many systems, admin programming doesn't typically include making changes such as ringing. That is usually reserved for the technician, as having access to the ringing programs also gives access to other critical programs that can get you into trouble fairly quickly. I think for the most part, this is more for the customer's own good, more so than it is to allow the technician to charge the customer to make such changes. Administration functions usually include items such as how to change station names, program buttons, record greetings, reset user passwords, etc. As this might help clear up expectations, I would suggest asking your installer for information on how to do items I just listed. They should at least be able to give you or show you that. Good luck!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help