atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ecovell Debut software - 01/14/05 09:29 AM
Looking to alter an AA in which they cannot remember their admin password. I dont have alot of exp on this product but seem to manipulate everything else within this system. Any ideas or a password reset function?
Also looking for the software for this system, Keylink??
Posted By: Punch Down Re: Debut software - 01/14/05 10:46 AM
Even if you have the Keylink software and don't know the passwords it won't do you any good. There is a way to default the passwords, but you must have some familiarity with the Debut. You would be better to contact a local dealer to come on service call and reset and give some admin training. There is too much involved to try via this BB or e-mail. Good Luck
Posted By: ecovell Re: Debut software - 01/15/05 06:52 AM
He said it the passwords were defaulted but he couldnt remember the code. Our local vendors are idiots, thats why they asked us to look at it. This happens to be a friend of mine.
What are the defaults set at?
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Debut software - 01/15/05 10:57 AM
That information (passwords)are not posted on the open forum for obvious reasons. Punch Down is right, you will need a tech. If you don't like your current vendor you can contact one of the installers or moderators here on the board. If there is not someone local, maybe you could get telephone tech support for a fee.
mark

[This message has been edited by markk (edited January 15, 2005).]
Posted By: ScoTTeL Re: Debut software - 10/04/06 02:07 PM
I need some help here guys. I am typically a Norstar and Avaya guy. I got called out to a site that had a Comdial Office Lite. The unit will not stay powered up. Looks like a motherboard issue. Anyway, they bought a used Debut to replace it. I tried to get into the admin box 70 to integrate and the default passwords are not there. Any ideas? I loaded Tellink, but it kept giving me a cannot connect port error. If I don't get an answer quick, I will loose this client. Can you email me something?
Help!!
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Debut software - 10/04/06 04:45 PM
You might get a better response by starting a new thread instead of tagging onto an almost 2 year old thread. Have no idea what Tellink software is but on this model you're going to need Keylink.
Posted By: ScoTTeL Re: Debut software - 10/04/06 04:57 PM
My bad! I meant Keylink. I am mainly Avaya. I have done a couple of Impacts, but no VM with them.
Posted By: ScoTTeL Re: Debut software - 10/05/06 10:00 PM
I guess the lack of response means you guys are stumped??
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: Debut software - 10/06/06 06:22 PM
Probably time to call a comdial tech. Without the passwords you will not be able to get in. You can call Comdial for a dealer in your area.
Posted By: ScoTTeL Re: Debut software - 10/06/06 09:21 PM
This is the second time in a couple of years I have come into the Comdial forums. From reading your posts and the lack of responses, I have determined you might as well shut down this section. The guys that claim to be Comdial techs do not share any information and continually tell those of us lacking in the Comdial experience to call a Comdial guy. Are you members of a union or something?? Go to the Avaya and Nortel forums and have a good read. We help each other out and do our best to answer everyones questions. If there are protected items like passwords or backdoors, we send emails to them privately and do not open post. Please take some time to think about what I am saying. A tech forum is for all of us installers and programmers to share information and make us all better. Knowledge is best when shared! What comes around, goes around!
Cheers!
Posted By: OhioTelecom Re: Debut software - 10/07/06 06:09 AM
got mail
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Debut software - 10/07/06 09:55 AM
Originally posted by ScoTTeL:
A tech forum is for all of us installers and programmers to share information and make us all better. Knowledge is best when shared! What comes around, goes around!
Cheers!
Scot,

The installers forum is the place for the kind of technical info you want. Or PM a mod in the comdial or voicemail forum. If you read the Comdial posting information you will see that the open forum is for user guide type help. Also, you were asked politely to start this in a new thread and you ignored that request.

Once you get connected with keylink you can go in and set a new password for MB 70.
Mark
Posted By: ScoTTeL Re: Debut software - 10/07/06 06:42 PM
Mark,
I received some help from a couple of other techs that emailed me directly. Thanks guys! I did not know that starting a new post was that important since it was already at the top of the list and was the same basic topic. I guess I really did not realize there were seperate forums. When I started with Sundance in 02, this was it. I have been using Tek Tips more because the Avaya forums have more breadth. I will look into this further. I did not want to make anyone mad, but it seemed that this forum did more stonewalling than helping. In the end, I got what I needed offline.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Debut software - 10/08/06 04:39 PM
Other places tend to "give away the farm" far too easily. Here, we try to be cautious as to what information is given to whom. You can always find cases where that isn't followed. Most the time, though, we try to keep it this way, in order to protect the investments of those who might be involved (dealers, customers, etc.) There are those out there who would like to use forums such as this one to gain unauthorized access to systems. We try our best to weed out those who have ill intentions.

I'm happy to hear you were able to get the help you needed. Sometimes offline is more efficient. At least you were able to come here and get someone to help you offline. Glad to hear it!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help