atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jpmigliozzi Comdial TO616 Codes - 01/20/05 08:00 PM
I was wondering if anyone is familiar with a product called Wintalk? I have had it installed for many years and recently lost the configuration and had to rebuild. I can't seem to figure out one small feature. There is an option for sending a code sequence to the phones to activate the message waiting light. Does anyone know what the code is that a Comdial TO616 switch would need to receive to activate the message waiting light? It would be some sort of key sequence.

Thanks
Joe
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Comdial TO616 Codes - 01/20/05 08:39 PM
I don't have a user guide for Unisyn (TO616) if you have one the message waiting sequence will be in it. The DSU uses Intercom star 3 and the extention number to activate the light, and pound 3 and extention number from the activating station to turn it off.
Try that, they might be the same. If not, you need to locate a user guide for your system.
Please complete your profile.
Mark

[This message has been edited by markk (edited January 20, 2005).]
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: Comdial TO616 Codes - 01/21/05 05:06 PM
The Mesage waiting lamp codes for the Unisyn are the same as the DSU series.

*3+ext number=lamp on
#3+ext number=lamp off

The Unisyn programming is almost par for par with the DSU software.

DJ
Posted By: jpmigliozzi Re: Comdial TO616 Codes - 01/23/05 04:20 PM
Thanks for the info. I found a copy of the Unisyn guide and it states the same as what you both say. However, how would I simulate the ITCM button via a software program? I assume there is some key sequence that simulates it but don't have that anywhere.
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: Comdial TO616 Codes - 01/23/05 05:46 PM
On the single line interface that you would be using to integrate the Wintalk simply going off hook would be the same as the intercom button.

Kerry
Posted By: jpmigliozzi Re: Comdial TO616 Codes - 01/25/05 05:41 AM
Thanks Kerry, I hate to sound like an telephony amateur, which I will admit I am, but how do I simulate going off hook? What key combo simulates that?

Joe
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: Comdial TO616 Codes - 01/25/05 07:21 AM
I am not familiar with the Wintalk product but I am assuming that it is a voicemail or voice messaging product from your request for message waiting light code. The off hook action should be a function of the software, when it seizes the port to dial it should be going offhook, If you are having to programming it like a modem then a dial command starts "ATDT" followed by the digits to be dialed.

Kerry
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help