atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: capitol DX80 HUMM - 01/31/05 04:28 PM
Just got a call with a customer complaining that the dx80 unit itself was sounding a loud humm. They said it just started happening and that it was only the switch, not the phones. Any one ever come across this before?

------------------
| Telephone Systems | Voice & Data Cabling
Posted By: junkman Re: DX80 HUMM - 01/31/05 05:35 PM
Overloaded power supply, bad filter capacitor, loose laminations in the power transformer or loose transformer mounting, bad fluorescent light ballast, bad neon sign transformer, take your pick.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DX80 HUMM - 01/31/05 06:11 PM
Cap, I have a whole power supply board here from a switch that the cpu was water damaged, I know the PS is ok if you want to try it. Ping me if you do. I keep it in a crash kit. If it works you'll know what you need, if not, what you don't need.
mark
Posted By: TELCOM Re: DX80 HUMM - 02/01/05 03:42 AM
If you have the hard drive version voice mail in that one then i would also check the cooling fan, Have had several that the fan goes bad and causese some nasty sounds that are not pleasant to the ear.
Posted By: capitol Re: DX80 HUMM - 02/01/05 10:21 AM
TELCOM hit it! It was the VM's fan, disconnected it ...problem solved.
Mark, thanks anyway.

------------------
Posted By: OhioTelecom Re: DX80 HUMM - 02/01/05 12:21 PM
Here I thought it just didnt know the words
Posted By: bikechuck Re: DX80 HUMM - 02/01/05 12:39 PM
you might want to replace that fan.
Posted By: capitol Re: DX80 HUMM - 02/01/05 01:09 PM
I plan on replacing the fan. This guy doesn't want to shell out anymore money than he has to. It's in a climate controlled room so it should be ok for now.

------------------
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: DX80 HUMM - 02/01/05 10:52 PM
We had that problem on a DX80 with the HDD VM that had a fan. It started making bad noises. We replaced the fan. All was right with the world. Nice how it's so easy to make things right with the world, isn't it?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help