atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: SST execumail - 02/07/05 04:37 PM
I have a customer with a Digitech 1632 thinking of voice mail. Exucmail seems kind of archaic. I'm thinking of third party maybe the esi mail. This system has only one ATI at this time. Any thoughts on this?
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: execumail - 02/07/05 04:47 PM
Execumail IS archaic! But so is the system. Execumail is not Y2K compliant.
It's time to replace all with a system that has inskin voicemail.
Larry
Posted By: Mark K. Re: execumail - 02/07/05 07:22 PM
I agree with cmdl, but if he won't spring for the newer equipment, the esi voiceworks is a pretty good and easy system to work with. If you have an older dsu, they make a DSUic system that connects directly to a digital phone port. I have one here from a trade in that I could give you a deal on [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com].
What is the software level of your Digitech?
Mark
Posted By: SST Re: execumail - 02/08/05 10:45 AM
Thanks guys. I'll check into the software I havn't been in this system yet. Markk Can you email details on the DSUic and a price?
Posted By: Mark K. Re: execumail - 02/08/05 06:06 PM
SST, ya got mail.
mark
Posted By: jwooten Re: execumail - 02/08/05 07:28 PM
ESI has discontinued the voiceworks I do believe!
Posted By: Mark K. Re: execumail - 02/09/05 05:02 AM
They have discontinued that older version for sure, and they no longer support it. I told SST that in my mail to him.
mark
Posted By: SST Re: execumail - 02/10/05 09:37 AM
ESI has discontiued the voice works and the phone bill product. They will support it and still have some instock (I believe) but no longer manufacture them.

Markk, Thanks for the email. I didn't know the DSUic was an ESI product. I spoke with my customer and will check the software level. This sounds like their best bet for voice mail right now. I didn't want to add a bunch of ATI's to the system and they plan on moving in the next year or two. Then they plan on getting a completly new system.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: execumail - 02/10/05 11:32 PM
The way I heard it, ESI used to OEM a product for Comdial, so that is how they got the digital integration info for the DSUic. Anyway, we have installed a handful (big hands) of Voiceworks and Voiceworks 16s. Good products, and fairly easy to program.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help