atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: martin3 DX-80 problems!!! - 02/09/05 06:37 AM
ok I have two problems I need help with. First if a call comes in on the fax monitored line and it is not a fax it will ring at the attendants station until it is answered, will ring forever. Take fax monitoring off and calls drop on disconect like it is should.

Next problem is on privacy conference calls the lines do not drop when the parties hang up, have to go back in and check to see if they are still on line and if not manually hang up.
Posted By: Punch Down Re: DX-80 problems!!! - 02/09/05 06:44 AM
Three questions: What software rev is the DX80? and have you confirmed that the switch is receiving the disconnect signal from the CO and if so how was this accomplished?
Posted By: martin3 Re: DX-80 problems!!! - 02/09/05 07:05 AM
software is a33, i have hooked up a unisyn system on the lines and the lines drop when the other parties hang up.
Posted By: Punch Down Re: DX-80 problems!!! - 02/09/05 07:37 AM
You need to insure (for sure) that the disconnect signal is being received from the far end. In the DX80 manual look up "CO Line Loop Supervision (Talk/Abandon)" Make sure you have each CO line set to yes on Call Abandon. And then try adjusting to Talk Abandon Timing to match the disconnect signal from the CO. Still having problems then have customer put in writing to carrier requesting new circuits. I had a DX80 with voicmail that would not disconnect on lines 3 & 4. After fighting with Bell and twice changing out the entire equipment with the Bell tech watching and moving lines up to 1 & 2 with problem following, I had to go up the ladder at SBC and get two new circuits. Once they put in the new circuits everything worked fine. The weird part was that I could hear the disconnect signal coming from the CO and adjusted the timing and still had the problem. Customer wouldn't pay me until resolved and I was about to give up a $6000 sale just because of this issue.
Posted By: aweaver Re: DX-80 problems!!! - 02/11/05 05:35 PM
Punch Down is correct. I've had similar problem of poor or no disconnect from CO. I use a butt set with a digital volt meter built in, to prove to the telco that the problem is on their end.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: DX-80 problems!!! - 02/11/05 07:33 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by aweaver:
Punch Down is correct. I've had similar problem of poor or no disconnect from CO. I use a butt set with a digital volt meter built in, to prove to the telco that the problem is on their end.</font>

I'm curious what kind of butt set that is. Sounds handy.
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: DX-80 problems!!! - 02/11/05 08:04 PM
A Harris TS-25D or a Ziad Phd and I think that Test-um Ranger. The Harris is a real nice set, Caller Id, DTMF grabber and not too expensive.

Kerry
Posted By: RedTail Re: DX-80 problems!!! - 02/11/05 08:55 PM
You should know how the DX80 FAX monitor line works. When a call comes in on the FAX line the DX80 answers the incoming call and applies audible ringing to the incoming call. This is so the monitor can listen for FAX tones from the other end.. The Disconnect signal is a momentary open of the battery and ground coming from the central office. If you have a butt set with LED polarity indicators you can see that open on a call by the LED’s winking off and back on at disconnect.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help