atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: OhioTelecom distinctive ringing - 02/22/05 06:37 PM
FXII 17D Is it possible to set a phone to ring different when a call is being sent to a user via hunt group and a DID call. so they can tell the difference?
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: distinctive ringing - 02/22/05 07:15 PM
In the DID table you'll see a column for ring code......make it different than ring 1
Posted By: OhioTelecom Re: distinctive ringing - 02/22/05 07:17 PM
I looked that up, it looks like that is for alternate routing. I need it for "normal" routing.

[This message has been edited by OhioTelecom (edited February 22, 2005).]
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: distinctive ringing - 02/22/05 07:36 PM
I use it all the time to tell the difference between a transferred call and a DID....
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: distinctive ringing - 02/22/05 07:38 PM
I didn't think to ask if the hunt is ringing direct on a DID or transferred from an attendant/auto attendant. I think my solution would only work if the hunt group is transferred.
Posted By: OhioTelecom Re: distinctive ringing - 02/22/05 07:42 PM
this location uses DID for all calls, 1 number goes to AA then is transfered to a hunt group. these same hunt group members have DID numbers that ring them directly. is how it is currently set up. So if I understand you correctly I can change that alternate routing ring code and it will work?

[This message has been edited by OhioTelecom (edited February 22, 2005).]
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: distinctive ringing - 02/22/05 07:45 PM
Try a test by changing the ring code on a personal DID entry and compare it to the transferred AA hunt group ring. I think you'll hear a difference.
Posted By: OhioTelecom Re: distinctive ringing - 02/23/05 04:16 PM
Thanks I completely overlooked the ring code in the translation table, I was looking at the DID block option. Thanks!
Posted By: techmonkey Re: distinctive ringing - 10/16/07 12:35 PM
Why does the ring code not change from the ring options on the phone itself?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help