atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jeffk DSU II - 03/01/05 10:14 AM
I have a DSU II System I was wondering if I can Forword my Call's to a After hours on call person I looked though the forum and found that I would have to enable the Line to Line transfers and the CFOS. I was also looking and said somthing about call forwarding on a line.

I was wanting to know how to enable the line to line and the CFOS. and if I have to have call forwarding on the line because I do not have that now. Just want to say thanks for any help... This is my second posting here and the first was very helpful.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DSU II - 03/01/05 11:19 AM
I'm guessing from your post that you do not have voicemail.

The simple solution is to have your phone company activate call forwarding as a feature on your first line. call forwarding breaks hunting so you don't need it on other lines. After hours you would dial the CF code from the telco and the number to forward too. When you re-open dial the CF cancel code and your back to normal.
mark
Posted By: Jeffk Re: DSU II - 03/01/05 02:26 PM
I do have voice mail. is there a way to go though that? as of now we have 5 lines if it makes a difference.. Also just want to say thanks for your help
Posted By: Jeffk Re: DSU II - 03/01/05 02:30 PM
Sorry I forgot something. I am only wanting the system to transfer to a tech if there is a problem with there equipment. Not every call. I guess what I am saying is I want to put up a Emergency after hours number but I don't want them to know that Cell numbers that its calling. If that makes sence.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DSU II - 03/01/05 02:58 PM
Here's the way I do mine to make it simple.
Now I assume you have a comdial VM system.
Evening greeting, if you have an out of service telephone system press 1
1 goes to a mailbox that says, please leave a message here and it will set my beeper off, I'll call you back within 15 mins.

Then I set that mailbox to call my cell phone like it was calling a beeper. This setting is on Page 2 of VM programming. My cell phone rings and by the caller ID I know it's my office, I don't answer the call. Now I know to call and check the message in that box. Then I return the call, if it's really an emergency.
I've tried the call transfer feature and it works, but I didn't like it. I'd rather hear the message to determine the level of emergency.

mark

[This message has been edited by markk (edited March 01, 2005).]
Posted By: jwooten Re: DSU II - 03/01/05 03:02 PM
Jeff, several of my customers run service businesses and the after hours scenario goes something like this; Thank you for calling ABC company. For after hours or emergency dispatch press 1. This routes the caller to a mailbox. caller leaves a name and number. Mailbox programming has been set to call a cell phone and if no answer is received a second cell is called. Most of this, if not all, is user programmable.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DSU II - 03/01/05 04:03 PM
Your right J for most business your senario is better. I am a control freak. Everything goes through me, I'll contact the tech. I've been through too many weak links in the chain.
mark

[This message has been edited by markk (edited March 01, 2005).]
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: DSU II - 03/02/05 08:02 AM
Mark,

I'm curious why you use pager instead of cell notification? You say you don't answer, then you call the office. Is this to save the cost of a call on your business line?

I have my mailbox set to go out to my cell on urgent messages (I don't cover the emergency box, I just get dispatched if I'm on call that week), and if unanswered, the message notification plays the "Message for...Press 1 to retrieve your messages" on my cell voicemail. That is the only case where I have to call back into the office to retrieve my urgent messages. Otherwise, I just get the message when I answer my cell.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DSU II - 03/02/05 09:55 AM
Yes, my cell phone is a long distance call from my office and I get sometimes 20 rings a day from my VM cause I'm usually on the road.
mark
Posted By: Jeffk Re: DSU II - 03/02/05 12:15 PM
jwooten This sounds Like what I would like to do. I guess now my question is How do I get this to work on my system. I do have the voice mail that came with the system I think its called Keylink. Is there a step by step process to get this done. Now I have it set up for a day answer and then Night answer with the night just going to vm. I'm Just a beginner so the more detailed the better. Thanks for your help
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DSU II - 03/02/05 01:01 PM
you can set this up using the supervisors function. Do you have the supervisor manual and do you know the supervisor password?

Call me and I'll explain it to you. If you want. I'll email you my phone number.
mark

[This message has been edited by markk (edited March 02, 2005).]
Posted By: Jeffk Re: DSU II - 03/03/05 07:17 AM
What is your time zone and best time to Call. We are Central Time zone. Thanks for the Help
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DSU II - 03/03/05 09:23 AM
you've got mail.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help