atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: aplus Comdial Executech - 03/14/05 02:05 PM
My business has a Comdial Executech phone system that was installed in 1990. We have 3 lines coming in, two of those lines roll over to each other. I am trying to find out if I can add a cordless phone to my system so I can answer either of the two rollover lines. The 3rd line is for faxing and I have no need to access that from the cordless.
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Comdial Executech - 03/14/05 02:16 PM
No can do. You can't add single line instruments to the Executech system, all you could do is add a 2 line cordless phone in front of the system.
Posted By: Punch Down Re: Comdial Executech - 03/14/05 02:39 PM
Look on the right side of the cabinet and what are all the codes on the white label? And what color is the cabinet?
Posted By: aplus Re: Comdial Executech - 03/14/05 02:40 PM
By in front of the system, do you mean put a jack in before the phone lines coming into the building go into the system? And a 2-line cordless phone can be purchased about anywhere, Best Buy for instance?
Posted By: aplus Re: Comdial Executech - 03/14/05 02:45 PM
Cabinet is tan. Codes are 308X, next line is 813E, next line is SN 1200406.
Posted By: paul144 Re: Comdial Executech - 03/15/05 06:26 AM
I am sorry, but I am pretty certain that the 308x will not handle an OPX box. So, no S/L extensions. You would have to wire it to the phone lines before they connect to the cabinet.

------------------
Comdial Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited March 15, 2005).]
Posted By: aplus Re: Comdial Executech - 03/15/05 07:42 AM
If I connect before the line hits the box, will that affect how my system works, for instance, if I am on that cordless phone first line, will the 2nd line ring on the rest of the phones?
Posted By: dtmf Re: Comdial Executech - 03/15/05 08:08 AM
Yes it will follow the hunt group that your provider has set up and roll to the second line.

The 308 will support A-Leads but only on lines 2,3. The A-Lead would bring up the line so the system set won't cut in on them.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited March 15, 2005).]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help