atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bspargo Music on Hold too Quiet - 03/31/05 10:31 AM
I have had an issue with our DXP Plus Music On Hold for over a year. It is very very quiet - almost imperceptible. I have tried 3 different audio devices and have used 5 different cables to attempt to get it to work better. I have checked the pin-outs so many times it hurts... Pins 1 & 6 for MOH and Pins 2 & 5 for BGM (I think it is referred to as Music source #2). Is there something wrong with my DXSRV board? Is there a known issue/fix for this issue?
Thanks for any help you may have.
Posted By: Punch Down Re: Music on Hold too Quiet - 03/31/05 10:58 AM
No you don't have any problem with your services board. The Comdial products require a 600 ohm supply and that is where the low volume comes in. Most music sources only are 8 ohm. You need to use some means of amplification to get your volume level up. From my experience the only source that volume level was a problem was when I use a CD player. I have a couple of different amps I use.
Posted By: bspargo Re: Music on Hold too Quiet - 03/31/05 11:28 AM
Thanks for the fast reply. You say you've used different amps... is there one or many you would be willing to recommend?
I am trying to use an MP3 player at the moment... volume on headset output is at max.
Posted By: bspargo Re: Music on Hold too Quiet - 03/31/05 11:39 AM
Punch Down... are you referring to the music amplifier for the paging system or for the input into the DXSRV board for MOH ?
The music I want to get louder is the MOH. I don't want to pump too much power into the MOH pins and blow something...
Posted By: Punch Down Re: Music on Hold too Quiet - 03/31/05 12:10 PM
No don't do any inputs off of the paging amp. I use the Bogen GA-2 1.5 amp with the WMT-1 that brings the input up to specs as far as the 600 ohm and adjustable volume. Go to www.bogen.com and do a search for the GA-2.
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: Music on Hold too Quiet - 03/31/05 01:55 PM
If you have hooked up an amplified source for MOH.You more then likley have blown the input.

Try the Bogen pre amp suggested by PD. If that does not work. I suggest you swap out the dxsrv card in the system.

------------------
[Linked Image from home.columbus.rr.com]

WWW.THEBESTPHONESUPPORT.COM

WWW.ABUGSEYEVIEW.COM
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Music on Hold too Quiet - 03/31/05 02:44 PM
It you have blown the input there is a 2nd source you could use. You will have to wire to different pins in the same jack and do some minor programming. You could use a matching transformer for the impedance.
8ohm to 600ohm will work fine but and exact match for the Comdial is 500ohm. I don't know why they did that since the rest of the telephone world is 600 or 900.
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: Music on Hold too Quiet - 03/31/05 09:59 PM
See https://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F011%5F002%5F016%5F000&product%5Fid=273%2D1380
Though this is a 1000 ohm to 8 ohm transformer and not 500 as CMDLGUY says is best, it has worked well for me in the past and at 3 bucks it is worth a shot. just wire it inline with cable your now using.

Kerry

------------------
[Linked Image from commsmith.com]
CommSmith \"Forging telephone and data solutions.\"
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help