atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: gurov comdial message sound file format - 04/20/05 12:24 PM
hello, i have a Comdial 2000 series (analog) 4 port voicemail system (uses a dialogic card in DOS 6.22). i'm running it from a samba file server, so all the message files and database files are available to me. i would like to give people access to their voicemail via our internal webpage but i'm having trouble deciphering the format of the sound files.

the files are stored in VM\M directory in format MG0000<boxnumber>.0<msgnumber>

are there converters available for these files ? does anybody know if they're a standard format and are just missing the format header ?

thanks.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: comdial message sound file format - 04/20/05 12:42 PM
I can't help you. I know Comdial offers a newer VM system which allows for the feature you want, but I've not seen anyone do it with the VM you have. If you don't get anything here, I can move this post to the voicemail forum for you, you might have better luck there.
Mark

------------------
Reliable Telephone Service
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: comdial message sound file format - 04/24/05 12:08 PM
Open sound recorder and then open one of the files. Go to properties, this will tell you the format of that file.

------------------
[Linked Image from home.columbus.rr.com]

PARALLEL TECHNOLOGIES INC.

WWW.ABUGSEYEVIEW.COM
Posted By: BillyBob Re: comdial message sound file format - 04/25/05 12:23 PM
The files are VOX files. You can convert them to .wav files with the following free tool:
ftp://ftp.audiochannel.net/software/switch.zip

Be sure to rename the file with a .vox extension or the software will not recognize it. For example, MG0000.0 would be changed to MG0000.vox
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help