atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Steve C phones answering by themselves on a DSU - 05/09/05 08:43 AM
I have a customer with a DSU that their phones will randomly answer the call by themselves. For instance they call in from the outside and they may not even hear the ring and then all of the sudden they hear people talking in the back ground. The call just pops up on speakerphone. It has happend to multiple people from the outside and it answers at multiple phones on the inside. I've been working on Comdial for a long time but this is a new one on me has anyone ever had this happen?
Posted By: jwooten Re: phones answering by themselves on a DSU - 05/09/05 05:34 PM
I have seen this on occasion with executech and digitec. Phone replacement fixed it in all cases. You must remember that stations are paired and the paired station can be the cause.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: phones answering by themselves on a DSU - 05/09/05 05:56 PM
I knew of it on Executech, never saw it on the Digital Systems, this is good information. Thanks J.
Mark
Posted By: Steve C Re: phones answering by themselves on a DSU - 05/10/05 04:25 AM
I will check that out. I have never seen a problem with paired ports on a DSU. I know it used to happen a lot on the Executech. Thanks I will let you know
Posted By: paul144 Re: phones answering by themselves on a DSU - 05/10/05 07:21 AM
Bad keypads are shorting out. All too common. Try unplugging one or 2 at a time to track down the culprit(s). We can fix em if you want. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

------------------
Avaya Telephone Repair
Comdial Telephone Repair

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited May 10, 2005).]
Posted By: dtmf Re: phones answering by themselves on a DSU - 05/10/05 07:24 AM
I have run into on the digitals as well, it's not common but does happen.
Posted By: paul144 Re: phones answering by themselves on a DSU - 05/10/05 12:21 PM
We do not see it that often on the Digitechs, but we are starting to see it more often now on the Impact 80xx phones. Given how old they are getting to be, I am not exactly suprised.

------------------
Comdial Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited May 10, 2005).]
Posted By: Piffle Re: phones answering by themselves on a DSU - 05/10/05 03:21 PM
I have seen this when a jack was corroded/shorted; also you may want to closely inspect 66 block where stations are connected for corrosion.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help