atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Anonymous night button dx-80 help please - 05/10/05 12:58 PM
I have a new system and the users want the answering machine to pickup when they are not here. When they are here they want to let phone ring off the hook. Is there a way to setup a night mode button?
I have a DX-80 Rev F39. I want to set this up for only two of the four CO lines. Anybody know how to do this.

Thanks,

Brad
Posted By: Mark K. Re: night button dx-80 help please - 05/10/05 01:43 PM
I know how to do it.

You switch to night mode by dialing feature 63 and your attendant password. There are 4 settings; day, night, Alt. and time switching. That whole string can be put on a button for ease of use.

If the lines are not set up for night ringing to the night location, you will need to set that up. That is done in CO Line programing, in the EVE box on that page.

------------------
Reliable Telephone Service
Posted By: capitol Re: night button dx-80 help please - 05/10/05 01:54 PM
Are you talking about an actual answering machine or the Auto Attendant/Voice Mail?

------------------
| Capitol Communications | Telephone Systems
Posted By: Anonymous Re: night button dx-80 help please - 05/11/05 03:24 AM
Guys,

Thanks for your help. The deal is that I have a dual tenant user phone system. The only thing is that they do not want to setup with dual tenants. They do have community phones that they want both parties to use. With this if I setup a night button it will put all lines in night mode (according to Comdial). They said there is not way to setup just certain lines so what I did was this. Inside the UCD group I setup the answering machine (a cheap radio shack answering machine) to like 8 seconds of overflow to ext 149. With this I then put in a little physical switch on the phone jack going to the answering machine. When you want to turn on your machine press A and when in office press B. This was kind of a work around but it worked. Thanks for the replies.

Brad
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help