atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: capitol DX80 VM Directory Dialing - 05/14/05 10:08 AM
I seem to be missing something with directory dialing. I have a dx80 with the flash vm(7172c). Through the teleparameters(2000) I have set mailboxes 102 & 103 with the appropriate numbers for their last name. Box 102 has the last name BRUCE(has name recorded) and 103 has the last name of PRUNELL(no name recorded). When I call in to test the directory and enter 278 for the last name of BRUCE it says that there is no matching name. When I enter778 for PRUNELL it goes to box 102(BRUCE'S extension). Any idea what's going on?

------------------
| Capitol Communications | Telephone Systems
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DX80 VM Directory Dialing - 05/14/05 10:46 AM
I've never done it through the teleparameters, I've always done it in keylink. With keylink it follows whatever letters are typed in the last name box of the mailbox. I have to think it's not hearing the dtmf correctly. Did you try it more then once? And can you try it from a 2500 set so it gets a good long tone to hear, like from your butt set.
mark

------------------
Reliable Telephone Service
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: DX80 VM Directory Dialing - 05/14/05 11:00 AM
It looks like the system heard a double 7 in the bruce string and didn't hear the 2. Thus 778 = prunell. Didn't hear the 2 therefore no bruce match. JUst a guess.
Posted By: aweaver Re: DX80 VM Directory Dialing - 05/14/05 06:15 PM
Did you record your name & greeting? If I remember correctly the dial by name does not work until the mailbox has bee set up.
Posted By: capitol Re: DX80 VM Directory Dialing - 05/14/05 08:09 PM
Not for 103, but for 102 the's a name/greeting recorded.

------------------
Posted By: capitol Re: DX80 VM Directory Dialing - 05/15/05 06:28 AM
If you dial any of the extensions from the main greeting callers go to the appropriate box. Do you think I can change the directory box 9998 to a different box #?
------------------

[This message has been edited by capitol (edited May 15, 2005).]
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: DX80 VM Directory Dialing - 05/15/05 06:27 PM
Capitol,

I think I would look at it in Keylink to see what is going on. As Mark said it sounds like a dtmf reckonition issue. The numbers you for the last name should show up in the last name box.

Kerry

------------------
[Linked Image from commsmith.com]
CommSmith \"Forging telephone and data solutions.\"
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help