atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: duzzy70 Intercom calls / speaker - 05/19/05 07:45 AM
I am working on a GTE Executech 6x16 with 6414 sets (some 6414L, some 6414AB). A few sets were old and I replace them. On the old phones, the caller could hit 'INTC', dail the 2-digit intercom #, and be on the speaker of the called phone. After replacing the sets, when intercom calling using the same procedure, the call just rings on the called set until someone physically picks up the call. I've tried 'INTC # 2' and it still does not work. Some co workers seem to think there is a phone compatability issue; the new phones, while the p/n is the same, it isnt the same. Is this true? How do I rectify this?
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Intercom calls / speaker - 05/19/05 07:56 AM
It might be the way you are dialing. You can only be handsfree at one end. If you initiate the call with the handset, you will voice announce, if initiate the call handsfree, it will ring the other phone.
mark

------------------
Reliable Telephone Service
Posted By: duzzy70 Re: Intercom calls / speaker - 05/19/05 02:15 PM
Mark,
Our supplier of these refurbed sets has 3 different models: AB, L-AB, & S. Do I need to have an 'S' (speaker?) model for this to work? I don't know if these designations are legitimate ones or what they mean. Thanks,
Greg
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by markk:
It might be the way you are dialing. You can only be handsfree at one end. If you initiate the call with the handset, you will voice announce, if initiate the call handsfree, it will ring the other phone.
mark

</font>
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Intercom calls / speaker - 05/19/05 03:39 PM
duzzy:

It can get confusing---but I think this is the way it goes--
6414-AB 8 line standard
6414-BB 8-line Standard
6414-L BLF phone
6414-S Speakerphone

You're going to want the 6414-S
Good Luck
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Intercom calls / speaker - 05/19/05 04:53 PM
yes the AB is ash black and BB basic black
the only letters that mean anything are the L for busy lamp field and the s for speakerphone. To be handsfree at both ends requires a speakerphone to initiate the call.
mark

------------------
Reliable Telephone Service
Posted By: paul144 Re: Intercom calls / speaker - 05/20/05 06:54 AM
If I remember right, on most of the early Executech I systems, you could only have 1 "L" set installed.
There is also a 6414-PG (pearl gray). It came in Monitor, BLF, and Speakerphone versions. You may also have the color code FB, for flat black, which was the exact same color as BB.

------------------
Comdial Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited May 20, 2005).]
Posted By: dtmf Re: Intercom calls / speaker - 05/20/05 07:34 AM
You can actually have 8 BLF sets on the 616B and 616x, just remember they use the paired port as well so you wouldn't hook anything up to it.
Posted By: paul144 Re: Intercom calls / speaker - 05/20/05 08:45 AM
Thanx for the correction! So, each BLF ties up two ports? Was it the 308 that could only use one BLF? I need to stop relying on my memory for these things.....
Posted By: dtmf Re: Intercom calls / speaker - 05/20/05 11:39 AM
Nope, you can put 4 on the 308. Hang in there Paul it will get better. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help