atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bspargo Comdial DXP-Plus Acting Crazy! - 07/29/05 08:02 AM
Had a powerful thunderstorm blow through. Lost power for 4 hours in the middle of the night. Since then, our dxp plus is acting crazy. At first, the call-transfer and connections into vmail weren't working. Powered down & up. Then we started having our impact phones acting crazy - wierd characters on the lcd, lights blinking randomly, some constantly ringing or going into "self test mode". Connected via PC into the com port and all looked fine! Powered down/up again... now all my DXDST boards have green lights constant and all phones say "No Communication IC039-101.05A"
System will not communicate with any of the phones and no incoming calls can be anwered!
Help!?
Posted By: bspargo Re: Comdial DXP-Plus Acting Crazy! - 07/29/05 08:30 AM
Hmm. I got ambitious and powered down.. pulled the boards and put em back in. Now it is working normal!
I guess there was a bad connection on the backplane somewhere. Strange that diagnostics don't show anything like that.
Posted By: crimson Re: Comdial DXP-Plus Acting Crazy! - 07/29/05 11:32 AM
We had some similar issues with our DXP - though not caused by a thunderstorm!

We found an article somewhere about grounding issues and Comdial -- so we replaced our cabinet ground with a beefier wire and installed screws to each of our circuitpacks. Many of our boards had no screws at all.
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Comdial DXP-Plus Acting Crazy! - 07/29/05 11:59 AM
Thunder storms send power fluxuations and screws with phone systems programming. Goofy things happen, the best fix is to power down for a minimum of 30 minuets the power back up...95 percent of the time it will fix it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help