atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ddelong DXP music on hold volume too low - 07/06/06 08:53 AM
I have a DXP system and can't seem to get my music on hold volume up very loud. I'm connected via the board inside the system (RJ11 connector pins 1 & 6) to RCA connectors and then back down to the connector that plugs into the MP3 player (head phone connector)

I have seen mention of a 8ohm to 1000ohm audio transformer that I can pick up at Radio Shack. Would this work in this situation ?

Thanks
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: DXP music on hold volume too low - 07/06/06 10:39 AM
You need to match the DXP which is 500 ohms.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: DXP music on hold volume too low - 07/06/06 07:40 PM
Larry,

Will that actually "bring up" the volume, just by matching impedence? I thought I had seen where some people have used 1-watt amplifiers to help with this volume problem.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: DXP music on hold volume too low - 07/08/06 08:25 PM
Originally posted by 5years&counting:
Larry,

Will that actually "bring up" the volume, just by matching impedence? I thought I had seen where some people have used 1-watt amplifiers to help with this volume problem.
It depends on the equipment, sometimes (most) it will, but there are times that you will need an amplifier.
Posted By: Stoph Re: DXP music on hold volume too low - 07/12/06 08:23 PM
We've had trouble with volume on some MP3/Walkman type music devices. A 1 watt amp has always been the answer for us
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help