atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: cctech dsu ii speaker default volume - 07/18/06 09:04 PM
i have a dsu2 and when i try to set the default speaker volume for some reason on station 13 it will not take. i press int, speaker then volume up,and then **5 but it does not save the setting. all the other stations it saves the setting. could there be something in system programming that i am missing? thanks
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: dsu ii speaker default volume - 07/18/06 11:13 PM
I can't think of anything in programming that would prevent one specific phone from being able to save volume settings. Maybe someone else will be able to confirm this.

I guess I would suggest first checking the obvious: try a different phone on that extension, try a phone on that extension right at the backboard.

If you're concerned enough to do something a little more extreme, you could try backing up COS and sdial programming, and then master clear the system. Then try the volume save in a master cleared state. If it works, then try restoring the database and see whether the problem is gone or still there.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: dsu ii speaker default volume - 07/19/06 05:05 AM
I just looked through the manual and found nothing in programming to prevent this setting. Your either missing a step or the phone has a problem, perhaps a bad dial pad.
Mark
Posted By: cctech Re: dsu ii speaker default volume - 07/19/06 05:56 AM
thanks for the input. i might try it on a different extension.
Posted By: paul144 Re: dsu ii speaker default volume - 07/19/06 07:32 AM
Swap the phone, you most likely (99%) have bad buttons. I would guess that you also have problems on the phone going on and off of hold....
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: dsu ii speaker default volume - 07/19/06 11:20 AM
I thought of one more scenario. Make sure you are at Intercom when dialing this code. If picking up to an outside line, **5 would be going out on the C.O. line, and wouldn't be acting as a system feature code.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help