atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: telsan Comdial JO408 expansion and ATI-D Question - 07/20/06 07:52 PM
Hello All!

I came across a job where they want me to install a portable single line phone onto a Comdial Impact JO408 system. The problem is that there were no available ports. I need to expand the system. Do I use a GM408 for the expansion? Also, for the single line portable phone can I use an ATI-D, or is the JO408 system incapable of doing ATI? Please Help!!!

Thank You!
You should be able to put an ATI-D on the JM408 expansion. I don't believe there was any issue with doing so. You could also install a JM008 (I think the part number is right), which would give you 8 analog ports.
I was under the impression that the JM408 is an expansion module for the DSU or DSUII. I am working with an Impact system, and I thought you needed a GM408? Can you give me a little more detail. Can the Impact system do ATI?
Your J0408 main cabinet is a DSU II cabinet that can run Impact, Digitech, or Impression phones. The G0408 is a DSU (not a II) that run all of those phones as well, depending on the software cartridge. You use a GM408 expansion on a DSU (G0408, G0816, etc...). You use the JM expansions on a DSU II (J0408, J0816, etc..). The ATI-D should work fine on either a DSU or a DSU II.
Hope that helps to clarify things.
Thanks Paul.....also....

Can the Comdial VMI-X be used like an ATI-D? I need an analog port for a portable phone.
The vmi-x is used on executech. You need an ati-d.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help