atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: zoeythedog VoIP network issue - 08/29/06 01:16 PM
I have a MP5000 (rel 212) hub with 3 FXII (rel 197) nodes.
Each node can call the hub and the hub can call each node but the nodes can not call each other.
New install, all the same firmware on the VoIP cards (3A). Can ping all over the place.
Dial plan: Hub 8xxx, Node 1 11xx, Node 2 12xx, Node 3 13xx.
Vmail shows up on the displays, just can't call node to node.
Any ideas?
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: VoIP network issue - 08/29/06 01:28 PM
Sounds like the config is set up point to point instead of point to multipoint.
Posted By: aweaver Re: VoIP network issue - 08/29/06 07:27 PM
Rather be Fishing is correct. First thing to check is make sure the hub is set point to multipoint.
Posted By: zoeythedog Re: VoIP network issue - 08/30/06 06:23 AM
Sorry, it is point to multipoint.
Thanks for the help.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: VoIP network issue - 08/30/06 06:29 AM
Did you get it figured out?
Posted By: zoeythedog Re: VoIP network issue - 08/30/06 07:19 AM
Not yet,
It's a new install and it's kind of weird.
I talked to tech support and they tried but we didn't have any luck.
The third site is being brought up with in the next couple of hours.
To review hub can call node 1, hub can call node 2, node 1 can call hub (has vmail on display), node 2 can call hub (has vmail on display).
When node2 calls node1, it says ext1101 off line
etc.
Thanks
Posted By: wvtech Re: VoIP network issue - 08/30/06 07:22 PM
try to telenet into the voip node1 card from node2 should be prompted for login and password.
Posted By: wvtech Re: VoIP network issue - 08/30/06 07:50 PM
Sorry maybe I should have gave you more info connect your network connection from either node 1 or 2 to your laptop goto a command prompt type telnet and the other nodes ip address. You should be prompted to enter a login {edited} and password {edited). This will show you any errors occuring. You can also check voip card errors by directly connecting to the serial port on the voip card but don't change any parameters without checking with tech support first.Also check ip link boards in vmmi and look at the tcp and tcp remote ports.
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: VoIP network issue - 08/30/06 07:51 PM
What software are you running in each location. 17E? Also do you have all the locations ext's loaded as network extensions?. Although it is too late for this one I always try and setup a network install at my office first before sending it out. Makes it much easy to trouble shoot. Let me know how you make out.

Jim Hoey
SST Communications
Long Island, New York
Posted By: zoeythedog Re: VoIP network issue - 08/30/06 09:23 PM
WV-I am able to telnet into any of the VoIP boards, what error should I look for?
As I mentioned earlier, I can call from the Hub to any node. just not node to node.

CJ
Hub is 211 (MP5000)
Nodes are all 17E
All node extensions are loaded.
We did not set the WHOLE system up (hub and nodes) because the hub was an upgrade from FXS but we set up each node and tested to hub before deployment, we could have however taken all nodes to the hub and tested their. Lessons learned the hard way I guess.

Thanks all for you help and advice, please keep sending it and I will update on progress.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: VoIP network issue - 09/01/06 12:58 PM
PM sent.
Posted By: BIGT Re: VoIP network issue - 09/05/06 07:52 AM
Have you also confirmed that you are not using the same extension ranges on either node that may confilict. Example Hub is 1000, node1 is 2000, node2 3000, and then your group intercoms can not conflict as well. Sounds simple but I have seen this missed before. Also sometime you need to reset all three sites at the same time so the database of networked extensions links up properly across all of the sites. Lastly confirm this by checking under network, networked extensions, each node should show the hub, node 1 and node 2 and the extensions associated with thos sites.
Posted By: Punch Down Re: VoIP network issue - 09/05/06 11:11 AM
Ya'll are missing it by a mile and has nothing to do with the configuration or programming. I'm having the same scenario with an install of Hub and 9 nodes all MP5's with no extensive provisioning. There is a glitch somewhere that is now pointing towards a new known issue. My lab efforts today will hopefully identify the solution.

Zoey contact me please as I have a couple of questions on your install.

HarleyMan
Posted By: aweaver Re: VoIP network issue - 09/05/06 07:44 PM
Keep us posted.
Posted By: Dlr920 Re: VoIP network issue - 09/06/06 09:06 PM
According to the first post you are running 3A firmware on your VOIP boards, unless Comdial has something newer than what is posted on the CCC you are running the wrong firmware. The 3A is for stations not networking, you should be running 2B networking firmware.
Posted By: TELCOM Re: VoIP network issue - 09/07/06 03:43 AM
Dlr920 There is 3a Networking. Just look a little down the page from where you saw the 2b networking.
Posted By: Dlr920 Re: VoIP network issue - 09/07/06 03:57 PM
Oops, thats the bad thing about the CCC and their file dates listed. Both had same date.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help