atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Robert J Debut files on flash card - 09/23/06 09:57 AM
I have 2 debut 2-port digital with sandisk 128mb compact flash. I can take the flash card with all files and move from one mother board to another and both work fine. When I copy the contents from the good flash card to another identical 128mb sandisk and install it on either mother board it won't boot. Any ideas?
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Debut files on flash card - 09/23/06 12:56 PM
Hookup with hyperterminal and watch the progress. I'll bet you'll see missing shell or command.com. Have never been able to just copy from one flash to another.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Debut files on flash card - 09/23/06 04:22 PM
It's not supported by Verticle / Comdial either. There is one person on this board who has had success doing it, but it is a complicated process(to me anyway) and it involves properly formating the blank disc.
Mark
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Debut files on flash card - 09/23/06 05:24 PM
Please complete your profile Robert so that we know who we are helping. If you are a Comdial dealer then the repair files can be pulled from the CCC. They can be transferred to the CF card and you're back in business.
Posted By: schup Re: Debut files on flash card - 09/24/06 09:50 AM
Mark K. and Rather be Fishing are correct about the card. Newer versions of Windows will not properly format a flash card for booting. Last version which does that operation correctly is Windows 98. If you have that version, you can format the card as a bootable drive and then transfer the files. This is if you have a flash to IDE converter and can boot to DOS from a floppy drive. If not, you will need to have someone format the flash card for you. I could help with the card format if it comes to that. Also, there is another thread on the board that tells how it was done at this address: https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/16/t/000536.html
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Debut files on flash card - 09/25/06 05:14 PM
OK further testing. Pulled out a new 512K CF card. Ran the utility on the Comdial board for the DX80 7271C Vmail. Worked like a champ. 36 hours storage too. Deleted all files and transferred Debut files. Also worked great. Rather than spending an inordinate amount of time reinventing the wheel I recommend using the established methods from the tech support board. I remember having to use a Win 98 machine and using a specific rev of Ghost to do the disk copy and it seemed like a bigger pain than it was worth. Making multiple copies to stock trucks so that techs can restore DOA out of warranty mails in the field.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help