atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: swieser DX120 extension stuck - 04/30/07 11:55 AM
Hi,

I've had a DX120 (w/ flash VM) installed for about 6 months. After ironing out all of the initial problems, we haven't had a problem for months. I haven't made a major change to the system since.

Today, one of the extensions got "stuck". That is, the extension appears to be busy to everyone else. The flexible button mapped to his extension is solid red, as if he is on a call, but none of the other extensions or CO lines are in use. When you try to page his extension, it sends you directly to his voicemail. He can page other extensions fine, and can make outgoing calls.

I've tried:
- Picking up and hanging up the phone.
- Calling inside and outside lines.
- Unplugging the telephone from the wall.
- Power cycling the DX120.

I haven't tried cold starting and reloading the config, and I'd rather not do that unless absolutely necessary.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this might be happening, and why it won't go away?

Thanks,
Scott
Posted By: STS E Re: DX120 extension stuck - 04/30/07 12:13 PM
Have you checked DND feature ?

Have you checked call forward feature for that extension ?
Posted By: Deltron Re: DX120 extension stuck - 04/30/07 12:42 PM
Dial "feature 69" at the set and press go on the display. This should remove anything set on the phone. It sounds like you've tried everything else other than flip flopping station sets to make sure it isn't bad.

--Bill.
Posted By: jwooten Re: DX120 extension stuck - 04/30/07 12:55 PM
If the extension is part of a UCD, DND will not work. The set must log in/out of the ucd group. Normally, they are logged in. If they log out, they go to busy.
Posted By: swieser Re: DX120 extension stuck - 04/30/07 02:34 PM
This is really odd..

Those were all really good suggestions, but none of them worked! I tried:

- Checked DND, set DND, deleted DND
- Checked Call Forwarding
- Used Feature-69

I also tried Feature-*8 to scroll through the extension features, and there was nothing in there different from anyone else's phone.

I'm not sure what a UCD is, so I would assume that this phone is not a part of one (since I programmed it). We just have a pretty simple small-office phone system.

Any other ideas?
Posted By: swieser Re: DX120 extension stuck - 04/30/07 02:40 PM
Also, I doubt this has anything to do with it, but I asked the user of the phone if he's been doing anything wierd, and he said he's been dialing 9 to get out (which is not necessary). I can't imagine how that would cause this, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks
Posted By: jwooten Re: DX120 extension stuck - 04/30/07 04:18 PM
Try the UCD log in code Feature*91. The logout code is F91.
Posted By: TELCOM Re: DX120 extension stuck - 04/30/07 07:22 PM
Take off the plastic desi cover then try the phone. I have seen where the desi gets bunched up and a button gets stuck on. Just thought since you tried everything else you might want to try that. As Deltron said have you tried a different phone at the extension???
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: DX120 extension stuck - 04/30/07 07:34 PM
The UCD log in/log out is a good possibility, just because of the code itself. We've seen several times where this occurs. Someone presses the Feature button, then presses 9 to call out and starts dialing a long distance number (Feature, 9, 18005551212). They just logged themself out of the ring group.

However, I don't believe it has an affect on the DSS button or on the phone's ability to receive intercom calls.

What TELCOM said is also a good suggestion. Swapping the phone would accomplish the same thing, as the problem would either stay at that extension, or follow the physical phone set.
Posted By: jwooten Re: DX120 extension stuck - 05/01/07 10:02 AM
Need to correct my previous post!! The UCD log in/out code will not activate a lamp. If UCD is used and DND is pressed, only the lamp operates, you get no DND function. IF UCD is not used, DND will work as advertised and all lamps will flash. UCD codes will not be available to to user. Sorry for the misinformation.
Now to the issue.. If phone swaps and a cold start has failed to clear the problem then you have a port issue. Try a port renumber and see if this clears.
Posted By: Jeffkoeh Re: DX120 extension stuck - 05/02/07 06:03 AM
I had this same problem this morning. I had to cold start the system and restore. I tried everything on this page plus tried swapping the phones. What extention did you have your problem on and what software are you using?
This was extention 107 and I'm using Release K17.

Jeff
Posted By: Deltron Re: DX120 extension stuck - 05/02/07 10:05 AM
Off topic but a caution about K17. If you reboot the system the voice mail may not come up until you hit the reset button on the voice mail card (flash vmail).

I would install this software only on systems with a UPS.

--Bill.
Posted By: Jeffkoeh Re: DX120 extension stuck - 05/12/07 01:49 PM
Had anyone else had this problem? I've had it happen on two different extentions. 107 and 105
Posted By: aweaver Re: DX120 extension stuck - 05/14/07 12:23 PM
We've installed several DX120 systems and have not seen this problem. I believe all of ours are running I17 software though.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DX120 extension stuck - 05/21/07 12:34 PM
I've got one today, same lock-up light lit for x-105.
It sounds like a cold start is the only solution?
Mark
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: DX120 extension stuck - 05/21/07 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Mark K.:
I've got one today, same lock-up light lit for x-105.
It sounds like a cold start is the only solution?
Mark
If none of the above fixes it, then I would say that's going to be the case. How strange. What version was your's at, Mark?

I wonder if this is a "known issue" yet.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: DX120 extension stuck - 05/21/07 12:46 PM
It's well known that this is an unknown "known issue". :rofl:

BTW the repower up on voice mail with K17 has been fixed with a firmware and PCDBA upgrade.
Posted By: Jeffkoeh Re: DX120 extension stuck - 05/21/07 03:24 PM
I've fixed this problem with both a cold start or by moving the extension to a different port.

Is there a PCDBA/Software newer than K17?

Jeff
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DX120 extension stuck - 05/21/07 05:41 PM
This is the first SW that came with the system, the one without the daylight saving fix. Is that K? I don't remember. Here is a copy of the email from tech support. His spelling, not mine.
--------------------------------------------------
As long as we make databases there will be the possibly they can get corrupted. The best we can do is have backup and a UPS in place
If you have tryed restoring a database backup before the problem started and that did not fix the problem
then Cold start is the only sloution left.
--------------------------------------------------
(what did he say? ) Yup, I tried to fix it before it broke but it was still broke when I finished.
Yikes :confused:
Posted By: hacky Re: DX120 extension stuck - 05/21/07 08:08 PM
I miss calling Charlottesville for tech support. And I miss the heavy metal-cased DSUs... frown

Good thing Comdial sold to Vertical...otherwise they would have to worry about updating their original company tagline: Made right in the U.S.A.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DX120 extension stuck - 05/25/07 06:19 AM
I took care of the problem yesterday. You can download the programming, do a cold start and then reload to clear the trouble. This is an F17
Mark
Posted By: aweaver Re: DX120 extension stuck - 01/04/08 09:02 AM
We just had this same problem happen on a F19 system. A cold start and reload was required to fix the problem. Does anyone know if this was supposed to be fixed in F19? Or if it will be fixed in the next rev?
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DX120 extension stuck - 01/04/08 10:56 AM
I thought it was but that is not the case, they have an F20 out now and it lists this as a known issue in it too! Of all the 120's I have out there I only have one system that does it. It happens about every 4 or 5 months.
Mark
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DX120 extension stuck - 05/13/08 11:07 AM
Update;

I have continued to have trouble with the same site every 2 months or so. Today it was Ext. 101 and this is on a new cabinet w/ 20 SW that I swapped out the last time this occurred on 3/8/08. The only thing this system has in common with the one removed is that I'm using the same VM board. Anyone think the VM could be the cause? Is anyone having this trouble on a 120 without VM?

Seems like vertical is horizontal on this problem.

Of the hundred or so systems I have out there this is the only one having this trouble.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: DX120 extension stuck - 05/13/08 02:04 PM
Out of curiousity has tech support run any debug on the cabinet when this happens? I see it is available when you login to upgrade the cabinet. I don't ever remember having this issue at any of our sites.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DX120 extension stuck - 05/13/08 03:21 PM
The only contact I had with them is noted about 7 posts up, they never suggested a debug. I think they know of it as you said and don't have a fix other then a cold start and reload. Because it's the same site and a different system with the latest software, I'm wondering if it has something to do with the VM card. That's the only part that has remained the same (that and the phones) since It all began.
BTW - I didn't upgrade that system, I got them to replace it with a system that had the new software.
Posted By: Deltron Re: DX120 extension stuck - 05/14/08 06:45 AM
Extensions 105, 107 and 110 have issues. The associated DDS key will show busy for no apparent reason. Normally the phone goes crazy too but this doesn't always happen. Also these extension and extension 101 are usually the ones afflicted with the military time issue.

I believe the problems are caused by bus noise. The same issues were displayed on another TECOM system called the DHS-E. In some cases it seems the bus noise may be bad enough to cause database corruption. TECOM's hokie fix on the DHS-E was installing a bus terminator on unused station card ports. It didn't work. I further believe the bus noise corrupts the database requiring reinitialization.

I think TECOM is trying to work around this issue with software and has so far shown limited success.

With the advent of the Vodavi SBX I'm personally not sure how much more time and investment Vertical is willing to do on the DX series.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DX120 extension stuck - 05/14/08 04:18 PM
That makes sense, the noise part, but why with this large installed base do I only have one location that has the trouble on two different 120's ? Makes me think there is an enviromental factor or as I asked in the prior post, perhaps the VM card is causing the trouble. Have you had any of these issues with systems without voicemail? No one has responded to that question yet.
Posted By: Deltron Re: DX120 extension stuck - 05/14/08 04:40 PM
I have had this issue regardless of vmail or a PRI card. As with the DHS-E, not all of them would do this. The problems though usually folowed the cabinet. I haven't verified if the problem follows the cabinet on the DX since I usually just dead out and change extension numbers if I have this issue.

At one time I thought this was site specific but in most cases I don't believe this to be true. I have never found a correlation concerning power or RF interference. One thing I have noted is the mere act of swapping a station board with another one may clear it up. Sometimes just reversing 2 station boards in the same system fixes it.

Regardless, most of us have plenty of extra extension ports so I've never considered it much of an issue. Just another TECOM weirdness. The DX series is by no means the only TECOM system exhibiting these traits.

Those with Sprint Protege experience can attest to this also.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help