atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dhayle Line switch problems - 06/21/07 11:50 AM
Sorry if this is hashed somewhere, but it's a busy day and I haven't had the chance to browse this forum in a while.
One of the phones in the office, and only this one phone, has recently been having difficulties answering incoming calls. When the phone rings, if you pick up the receiver, the phone switches to an open line rather than picking up the active line. Is this common, and is there a simple method to fix the issue?
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Line switch problems - 06/21/07 11:56 AM
I don't know what system you have, but on most Comdial systems, in order to have ringing line preference, your phone must be programmed to ring. If it is a ringing phone and it's not seizing the incoming line, then the feature must also be activated in programming. Most things you know how to do are simple, things you don't know how to do are more difficult. This will require installer level programming if you need to make it ring or activate the feature.
Mark
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Line switch problems - 06/21/07 12:53 PM
dhayle, I thought from your last post inthis thread you were going to get a tech. Are you having trouble finding one? You can PM any moderator that you feel comfortable with make arrangements for remote help. smile
Posted By: dhayle Re: Line switch problems - 06/21/07 01:29 PM
I'm still in the process of acquiring a tech. That got tabled until server issues are over. This is a pretty small office, and we try to handle issues singularly in order of importance.
Sooo, as soon as the server is fixed up--my actual job--I'll be looking up techs. Until then, I continue to hope that these little issues are easy to solve. Sadly, it seems they never are smile .
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help