atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MichelleR programing in dos - 08/02/07 10:34 AM
programing in dos. i have read that there is ways to program in dos but i cant find it anywhere. my ? is does anybody know a company that can program the comdial x80 so that the message alert doesnt ring when you get a voice mail just need the light to come on....defeats the purpose of DND on the phone when in a session. please any can you help. :shrug: :bang:
Posted By: Mark K. Re: programing in dos - 08/02/07 11:00 AM
nothing in the system database can change that ring.
To program with a PC you need the appropriate proprietary software for the level of software in your system. Everything you can do from a PC can also be done through a telephone so you really don't need to get the software to program it. You do need a good Comdial Tech though, and I doubt the gov. agency you work for is willing to pay the cost which is why you are where you are with this issue. Sorry. I don't mean to offend you with that statement so please don't take it wrong.
Mark

Mark
Posted By: MichelleR Re: programing in dos - 08/02/07 11:07 AM
mark our question is... can it be done... you said that it would be expensive? didnt offend us at all.. the reason that we are here is cause we are just trying to find out if it can be done anyway... thanks for the help.
Posted By: MichelleR Re: programing in dos - 08/02/07 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Mark K.:
nothing in the system database can change that ring.
To program with a PC you need the appropriate proprietary software for the level of software in your system. Everything you can do from a PC can also be done through a telephone so you really don't need to get the software to program it. You do need a good Comdial Tech though, and I doubt the gov. agency you work for is willing to pay the cost which is why you are where you are with this issue. Sorry. I don't mean to offend you with that statement so please don't take it wrong.
Mark

Mark
and it really has nothing to due with the gov. and not wanting to pay for it! It just that no one ever care to try to fix this problem before and now im trying to find a solution. So if there is a way to do it let us know
Posted By: hacky Re: programing in dos - 08/02/07 01:57 PM
What Mark meant is there is no setting in programming that will get rid of the ring you describe *the voicemail message alert ring) It is simply a hard-coded feature. There has been quite a bit of discussion aimed at Comdial for adding this setting, but at this time you cannot change it.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: programing in dos - 08/02/07 03:48 PM
Is this a duplicate thread to this one ?

If so, I guess I'm still wondering what this ring notification is, and when it takes place. Are we sure this isn't just message notification that was incorrectly programmed to call the extension, rather than a cell or pager? The other thread didn't really lead me to think that, but this thread does.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: programing in dos - 08/02/07 05:21 PM
I was told about a call to my office today, for this same problem, from a government office. I'm assuming it was the same office, but the person's name was different.

The way my dispatcher described the caller's problem, it sounded like the Voicemail Monitor feature that was causing the ring burst, and they said it happened even with DND turned on, such as in the conference room. If it's only the conference room that's concerned, why not get rid of the mailbox for the extension. Another option could be to get rid of Call Forward Busy/No Answer for the particular station, so no calls go to voicemail for that station? Other than that, if it is, in fact, the Voicemail Monitor feature that we're talking about here, I don't know of any way to turn it off for the DX80/120. The other Comdial systems allowed you to toggle the Listen/Pickup feauture on and off in voicemail programming. They didn't have that option in the DX80/120 voicemail, and the Voicemail Monitor timer can't be set to zero.
Posted By: 73agordon Re: programing in dos - 08/02/07 06:20 PM
Must be the day for this problem. Was at a customers site today for the same problem.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: programing in dos - 08/02/07 08:04 PM
Yes Justin, it's the same. If I understand them correctly, it's the two short bursts of ring you get as a caller hits your MB greeting. I can only stop it by setting the call transfer feature to voicemail, and that works when the call is transferred by the voicemail system, but I don't know if it works from a live transfer. I left for vacation today and didn't have a chance to test it on a live xfer.
Mark
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: programing in dos - 08/02/07 09:33 PM
I'm thinking of a work-around. It would need to be tested to check some of my theories.

Background: When I setup a VM to use "serial" (backplane) integration, with Sx in the MWL field, it wouldn't work if the Transfer To field had anything but X, as it used that field to define what the x in Sx was referring to. To get around it, we had to enter S plus the actual extension number that needed the MWL lit (example: S101).

My thought, although messy, is to use a UCD group with only the one extension as its member. In the Transfer To field, put the UCD group. This will allow calls to still be transferred to the extension. The thought is that it will use the Transfer To field to define where the Voicemail Monitor ring burst occurs. Since it's not the actual extension, but instead a UCD group, the ring burst won't occur (in theory). One thing to consider is that you may also have to define the X in the MWL string (whether it's Sx or the in-band string), as I mentioned above when explaining the Sx work-around.

Justin
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: programing in dos - 08/03/07 06:35 AM
Can something be done with Forwarding after so many minutes. E.G. make the "transfered to" MB 121--CFWD to MB (and phone) 120 after 3 or 4 minutes (or whatever)?? OR...would that still result in the two beeps?? I can see if I can fool around with this over the weekend to see if would work.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help