atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: 5years&counting Trouble with VMMI on a newer PC - 08/03/07 10:47 PM
I ran into a problem that I don't think I've run into before.

I had an FXS that I needed to reload software on. From my Dell Latitude D520 (Celeron M 1.73GHz) running Windows XP, it would get so far through the load, and then error out with a memory error, shutting down VMMI. After trying different things, all on the same PC, and all with the same results, I switched to a slower Pentium III running Windows XP. Software loaded without any problems. Then later, I went to site and backed up the existing database. When I tried converting it (Open As) using my laptop, I got the same type error. I put the backup over on the FXS onboard PC (Pentium I running Windows NT), and was able to do everything without a single problem.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? I sure hope this isn't typical for my laptop. THAT sure won't work!

Thanks!

Justin
Posted By: jwooten Re: Trouble with VMMI on a newer PC - 08/04/07 06:11 PM
I had to load an older vmmi version for a fxs about a year ago. My LT, not a Dell, is configured pretty much like yours and never had a problem. The only time mine ever gives me problems is when I'm running on battery! I run all Comdial programs plus NRU, WinSPM an IBM client a SCSI interface program, well you get the picture. On standard power never a glitch.
Posted By: Zuet Re: Trouble with VMMI on a newer PC - 08/09/07 07:43 AM
Try setting your uart fifo buffers all the way down. From the device manager, select com port (x), properties, port settings, advanced. That will slow down the traffic and keep vmmi from timing out.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Trouble with VMMI on a newer PC - 08/09/07 07:51 AM
Couldn't I just disable "Use FIFO buffers"?

I'm wondering whether this needs to be on at all for the majority of systems we connect to.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help