atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bditech dx120 when on hold drops off - 08/06/07 05:18 PM
Have a comdial dx120 and when they put a call on hold it will drop not all the time in about 30 sec. Its not just one line its diffrent lines.
Has anyone had this problem Comdial dont know what is wrong go figure. And has anyone else notice that Comdial has the most problems out of all the phone systems is it build it then fix it when its in the field? Have had several service calls on new comdials. :confused:

Thanks all
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: dx120 when on hold drops off - 08/06/07 07:08 PM
It's not using PRI, is it? We've seen that problem on a system using PRI.
Posted By: bditech Re: dx120 when on hold drops off - 08/07/07 04:46 AM
no it is using pots lines also they said it wont ring part of the time but i have a Viking PA2A on it which rings they hear it and the light blinking and they pick it up.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: dx120 when on hold drops off - 08/07/07 06:04 AM
If no CID, take the CID timer down to zero. Then the phones will ring at about the same time as the PA2A. As for the drops on hold, you may need to increase the Hold Abandon timer (I think it's called that in this system), but ultimately you need to connect up to the line with an analog meter and see if you see a drop in loop current while it's on hold. Also, look for voltages out of spec. I believe higher voltage can also cause this.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help