atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Egor trying to connect FXII and Cisco - 08/07/07 04:02 PM
Hello,

I have Comdial FXII with two T1/PRI cards. I am trying to connect one T1 card (from PBX) to Cisco 3725 that has NH-HDV and t1 card. I am using twister pair cable. Neither Cisco and FxII doesn't recognize the connection. t1 card in Cisco is yellow light. Comdial t1 card is in red light. It looks Cisco and Comdial doesn't see each other.
However, if I plug a service provider to Comdial, light is green. If I plug a service provider to Cisco it is green also.

What am I doing wrong?
Egor
Posted By: jwooten Re: trying to connect FXII and Cisco - 08/07/07 04:59 PM
I would say you'll need a crossover. Also, you'll need someone well versed in cisco!
Make sure the Cisco is a T1 card and not a PRI. Every tie I have done to Call Manager was a PRI hookup and required a different card in the FXII and the Call Mangler. Look at the synch/signal light on the FX card.. It'll tell you if the cable is correct.
Posted By: Frank_DaFoneguy Re: trying to connect FXII and Cisco - 08/08/07 07:08 AM
swap the orange and green pairs for a x-over cable OR go through a switch with the two connections.
Posted By: jwooten Re: trying to connect FXII and Cisco - 08/08/07 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Frank_DaFoneguy:
swap the orange and green pairs for a x-over cable OR go through a switch with the two connections.
If you wanted to do x-over for ethernet yes. In this case we need 1-2 4-5.
Posted By: Egor Re: trying to connect FXII and Cisco - 08/09/07 06:40 AM
Thank you for reply. 1-2 to 4-5 is what needs to be done
Egor
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help